P C Pandin
- Predictive accuracy of target-controlled propofol and sufentanil coinfusion in long-lasting surgeryP C Pandin
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Bordet Institut, Brussels, Belgium
Anesthesiology 93:653-61. 2000..The authors investigated the predictive accuracy of pharmacokinetic models for propofol and sufentanil coadministered during long-lasting surgery...
- Bispectral index is a topographically dependent variable in patients receiving propofol anaesthesiaP Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels Brussels, Belgium
Br J Anaesth 97:676-80. 2006....
- Somatosensory evoked potentials as an objective assessment of the sensory median nerve blockade after infraclavicular blockPierre Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Erasmus Hospital, Lennik Drive 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Can J Anaesth 53:67-72. 2006..5% to assess first, the difference of time course of the respective electrophysiological and clinical signs, and second, the objectivity and the reproducibility of MnSSER changes...
- Combined ultrasound and nerve stimulation-guided thoracic epidural catheter placement for analgesia following anterior spine fusion in scoliosisPierre Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Pain Pract 9:230-4. 2009..The combination of US and nerve stimulation in this setting may be associated with easier, potentially safer, and more accurate insertion...
- Can electrophysiological assessments of brain function be useful to the intensive care physician in daily clinical practice?Pierre C Pandin
Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care 8:437-9. 2004..In terms of ease of use, however, it is more difficult to establish whether N100 or mismatch negativity is superior...
- [The neuro-anaesthesiology assisted by the electroencephalogram]P Pandin
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Cliniques Universitaires de Bruxelles, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgique
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 23:395-403. 2004..These different theoretical and practical topics are reviewed to try to define the possible preliminary rules of the use of the sEEG...
- The anterior combined approach via a single skin injection site allows lower limb anesthesia in supine patientsPierre Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Erasmus Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Can J Anaesth 50:801-4. 2003..Anterior approaches are easier to perform with minimal discomfort in supine patients, specially for traumatology. Feasibility of a single needle entry combined approach is reported...
- Sciatic nerve blockade in the supine position: a novel approachPierre Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Can J Anaesth 50:52-6. 2003..We describe novel landmarks, using a high lateral approach, to block the sciatic nerve without moving the patient...
- Lumbar plexus posterior approach: a catheter placement description using electrical nerve stimulationPierre C Pandin
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Lennik Street 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Anesth Analg 95:1428-31, table of contents. 2002..A frequent incidence of total lumbar plexus block was observed...
- Intraoperative somatosensory evoked potentials to facilitate peripheral nerve releaseJean Corentin Salengros
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Department of Anesthesiology, CUB Hopital Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Can J Anaesth 53:40-5. 2006..This technique has potentially beneficial clinical applications and warrants further investigation...
- Delayed Horner's syndrome during a continuous infraclavicular brachial plexus blockJean Corentin Salengros
Acute Pain Service, Department of Anesthesiology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Anesth 19:57-9. 2007..Nevertheless, patient discomfort and anxiety may reduce acceptance of the analgesic technique. Reassurance and close clinical monitoring of the patient are essential to enhance patient's safety and acceptance of the technique...
- Tibial nerve block: evaluation of a novel midleg approach in 241 patientsPierre Larrabure
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Hospital, Lennik Drive 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Can J Anaesth 52:276-80. 2005..We describe a new landmark, along the internal tibial shaft edge at the midleg level, that allows to block the TN and to insert a catheter with the patient lying supine...