- Fitness and perceived exertion in patients with fibromyalgia syndromeH Nielens
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Clin J Pain 16:209-13. 2000..The aim of this study was to evaluate the cardiorespiratory fitness and perceived exertion of female patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) compared with that of healthy female subjects...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness, physical activity level, and chronic pain: are men more affected than women?H Nielens
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Clin J Pain 17:129-37. 2001..To evaluate the cardiorespiratory endurance (CRE) and physical activity level of patients with chronic pain compared with healthy subjects...
- Energy cost of riding bicycles with shock absorption systems on a flat surfaceH Nielens
Centre de Médecine du Sport, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Sports Med 22:400-4. 2001..It could also be generated by terrain-induced energy loss...
- Bicycle shock absorption systems and energy expended by the cyclistHenri Nielens
Saint Luc University Hospital, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Sports Med 34:71-80. 2004..Finally, suspended bicycles are more comfortable. Moreover, the fact that suspension systems may significantly reduce physical stress should not be overlooked, especially in very long events and for recreational cyclists...
- Efficiency of work production by spastic musclesG G Stoquart
Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Tour Pasteur 5375, Avenue Mounier 53, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Gait Posture 22:331-7. 2005..155). In conclusion, the efficiency of work production by paretic and spastic lower limb muscles was normal ( congruent with 20%) despite significant neurological impairments...
- Increase of physical activity level after successful renal transplantation: a 5 year follow-up studyH Nielens
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, , Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:134-40. 2001..Therefore, they should be advised precisely about how to resume more strenuous activities such as sports in order to avoid cardiac or musculoskeletal disorders in relation to their weakened pre-TP condition...
- Validation of the ABILHAND questionnaire as a measure of manual ability in patients with rheumatoid arthritisPatrick Durez
Department of Rheumatology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10, B 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1098-105. 2007..A measure of manual ability was developed, through the Rasch measurement model, by adapting and validating the ABILHAND questionnaire, which measures the patient's perceived difficulty in performing everyday manual activities...