J A Verhelst
Affiliation: Middelheim Hospital
- Workshop A: management of endocrine disorders during pregnancyJ A Verhelst
AZ Middelheim, Department of Endocrinology, Lindendreef 1, 2020, Antwerp, Belgium
Growth Horm IGF Res 13:S33. 2003
- Cabergoline in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia: a study in 455 patientsJ Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, Middelheim Ziekenhuis, Antwerpen, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:2518-22. 1999..Once PRL secretion was adequately controlled, the dose of cabergoline could often be significantly decreased, which further reduced costs of therapy...
- Hyperprolactinemia: pathophysiology and managementJohan Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, Middelheim Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Treat Endocrinol 2:23-32. 2003..In the small group of patients who do not respond to this treatment, or who refuse long-term therapy, surgery is offered. Radiotherapy is given if both pharmacologic therapy and surgery fail...
- Slow-release lanreotide in the treatment of acromegaly: a study in 66 patientsJ A Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, Middelheim Ziekenhuis Antwerpen, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 143:577-84. 2000..Lanreotide SR has been found to be well tolerated and effective in reducing GH and IGF-I levels but clinical data are still limited compared with those with subcutaneous octreotide treatment...
- Baseline characteristics and response to 2 years of growth hormone (GH) replacement of hypopituitary patients with GH deficiency due to adult-onset craniopharyngioma in comparison with patients with nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma: data from KIMS (PfizerJohan Verhelst
General Hospital Middleheim, Antwerp, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4636-43. 2005..To analyze this difference, we used the KIMS database (Pfizer International Metabolic Database) comparing CP and NFPA patients in terms of baseline characteristics and responses to GH replacement...
- Isolated growth hormone (GH) deficiency in adult patients: baseline clinical characteristics and responses to GH replacement in comparison with hypopituitary patients. A sub-analysis of the KIMS databaseRoger Abs
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, B 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Growth Horm IGF Res 15:349-59. 2005....
- Modification of hormonal secretion in clinically silent pituitary adenomasTania Daems
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, Edegem 2650, Belgium
Pituitary 12:80-6. 2009..Silent corticotroph adenomas are the classical example of this phenomenon...
- The clinical, metabolic and endocrine features and the quality of life in adults with childhood-onset craniopharyngioma compared with adult-onset craniopharyngiomaPat Kendall-Taylor
University of Newcastle, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 152:557-67. 2005..Craniopharyngioma is a parasellar tumour that, although benign, tends to behave aggressively. It can occur at any age but most commonly presents in childhood or adolescence...