Daniel Henri Manicourt
- Chondrocytes, synoviocytes and dermal fibroblasts all express PH-20, a hyaluronidase active at neutral pHHafida El Hajjaji
Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Department of Biochemistry, Connective Tissue Group, Université Catholique de Louvain in Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R756-68. 2005..On the other hand, the enzyme activity may account for the progressive depletion of HA seen in osteoarthritis cartilage, a depletion that is believed to play an important role in the apparent irreversibility of this disease process...
- Role of alendronate in therapy for posttraumatic complex regional pain syndrome type I of the lower extremityDaniel Henri Manicourt
St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 5390 Avenue Mounier, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 50:3690-7. 2004..To evaluate the effects of the antiresorptive agent alendronate at a daily oral dose of 40 mg in patients with posttraumatic complex regional pain syndrome type I (CRPS I) of the lower extremity...
- Comparative effect of nimesulide and ibuprofen on the urinary levels of collagen type II C-telopeptide degradation products and on the serum levels of hyaluronan and matrix metalloproteinases-3 and -13 in patients with flare-up of osteoarthritisDaniel Henri Manicourt
Department of Rheumatology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Saint Luc University Hospital Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Drugs R D 6:261-71. 2005....
- Oral salmon calcitonin reduces Lequesne's algofunctional index scores and decreases urinary and serum levels of biomarkers of joint metabolism in knee osteoarthritisDaniel Henri Manicourt
St Luc University Hospital and Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 54:3205-11. 2006..To evaluate the effects of oral salmon calcitonin (sCT) on Lequesne's algofunctional index scores and on biomarkers of joint metabolism in knee osteoarthritis...
- Urban tropospheric ozone increases the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among Belgian postmenopausal women with outdoor activities during summerDaniel Henri Manicourt
Department of Rheumatology, St Luc University Hospital, UCL 5390, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3893-9. 2008..By absorbing sunlight UVB and thereby reducing cutaneous vitamin D photosynthesis, ozone, a common urban pollutant, could cause hypovitaminosis D...
- Celecoxib has a positive effect on the overall metabolism of hyaluronan and proteoglycans in human osteoarthritic cartilageHafida El Hajjaji
ICP Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology and the Department of Rheumatology, Saint Luc University Hospital, Catholic University of Louvain, Avenue Mounier, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Rheumatol 30:2444-51. 2003..Results were compared with those of diclofenac, a non-selective COX inhibitor...
- Effects of calcitonin on subchondral trabecular bone changes and on osteoarthritic cartilage lesions after acute anterior cruciate ligament deficiencyCatherine Behets
Department of Anatomy, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Bone Miner Res 19:1821-6. 2004..CT significantly reduced both SBM and cartilage lesions. This study supports the use of CT in the treatment of canine experimental OA...
- Treatment with calcitonin prevents the net loss of collagen, hyaluronan and proteoglycan aggregates from cartilage in the early stages of canine experimental osteoarthritisHafida El Hajjaji
Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Connective Tissue Group, Department of Biochemistry, Catholic University of Louvain in Brussels, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:904-11. 2004..To evaluate the effect of calcitonin (CT) on the histology and biochemistry of articular cartilage from unstable operated and nonoperated knee in a canine model of experimental osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Inulin and fructo-oligosaccharides differ in their ability to enhance the density of cancellous and cortical bone in the axial and peripheral skeleton of growing ratsAdrien Nzeusseu
Department of Rheumatology, Saint Luke s University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Bone 38:394-9. 2006..Although cecal wall hyperplasia may be of concern, it remains to establish whether the positive effect of fructans observed on calcium absorption in humans is also associated with a positive effect on bone mass and/or mineral density...