- Avoiding steroids in solid organ transplantationJan P Lerut
Department of Digestive Surgery, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc 1400, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 16:213-24. 2003..This paper reviews the current status of steroid-free immunosuppression in renal, pancreatic, hepatic, intestinal, and cardiac transplantation...
- Liver transplantation for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: Report of the European liver transplant registryJan Lerut
Liver Transplant Unit, University Hospital St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Surg 244:854-62; discussion 862-4. 2006..Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) or Rendu-Osler-Weber disease is a rare disease characterized by the presence of arteriovenous malformations. Hepatic involvement can lead to life-threatening conditions...
- Hepatic vein obstruction due to hypertrophy of right split-liver adult allograftO Ciccarelli
Department of Digestive Surgery, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, , Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 14:270-3. 2001..As surgical correction was impossible, the outflow obstruction was treated successfully with interventional radiology...
- Adult liver transplantation at UCL: update 2002J Lerut
Liver Transplant Program, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 67:188-96. 2004..6%) should be further incentives to tailor the immunosuppression to the individual patient and to direct the attention of the transplant physician to the long-term quality of life of the liver recipient...
- Liver transplantation with preservation of the inferior vena cava in case of symptomatic adult polycystic diseaseJan Lerut
Department of Abdominal Transplantation, hepatobiliary and endocrine surgery, Liver Transplant Program, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 18:513-8. 2005..There was minimal morbidity and no mortality. All patients have excellent quality of life with a median follow-up of 41 months (range: 12-58) as testified by a median Karnofsky score of 90% (range: 80-100%)...
- Glycogenosis storage type I diseases and evolutive adenomatosis: an indication for liver transplantationJan P Lerut
Cliniques Universitaires St Luc 1400, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 16:879-84. 2003..Regular detailed Doppler ultrasound and magnetic nuclear resonance screening during childhood and adolescence are, therefore, mandatory in order for the timing of transplantation to be optimized...
- Cavocaval adult liver transplantation and retransplantation without venovenous bypass and without portocaval shunting: a prospective feasibility study in adult liver transplantationJan Lerut
Department of Digestive Surgery, Liver Transplant Program, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Transplantation 75:1740-5. 2003..Refinements in technique permit transplantation to be done with IVC preservation and without VVB use...
- An appraisal of tolerance in liver transplantationJ Lerut
Abdominal Transplant Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, UCL Brussels, Belgium
Am J Transplant 6:1774-80. 2006..This information would provide a biological basis for guiding IS withdrawal protocols and for the implementation of tolerance-promoting strategies in LT...
- The place of liver transplantation in the treatment of hepatic epitheloid hemangioendothelioma: report of the European liver transplant registryJan P Lerut
Abdominal Transplant Unit, University Hospitals St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Surg 246:949-57; discussion 957. 2007..Hepatic epitheloid hemangioendothelioma (HEHE) is a rare low-grade vascular tumor. Its treatment algorithm is still unclear mainly due to a lack of larger clinical experiences with detailed long-term follow-up...
- The pediatric liver transplant program at the Université Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Saint-Luc, Brussels: overall results in 444 children (1984-1997)R Reding
Service de Chirurgie pédiatrique générale et abdominale, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 62:285-9. 1999....
- Impact of steroid-avoidance immunosuppression on long-term outcome after liver transplantation for HCV cirrhosis: the need for well documented long-term follow-upE Bonaccorsi-Riani
Department of Abdominal and Transplantation Surgery, Th Starzl Unit of Abdominal Transplantation, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 75:411-8. 2012..study impact of steroid avoidance on HCV recurrence after transplantation...
- Living-related liver transplantation in children at Saint-Luc University Clinics: a seven year experience in 77 recipientsR Reding
Pediatric Liver Transplant Program, Department of Surgery, Saint Luc University Clinics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 101:17-9. 2001..In conclusion, LRLT is now a validated procedure in the living donors as well as in pediatric recipients with chronic or acute liver diseases. In the current context of organ shortage, it provides a valuable alternative to cadaveric LT...
- Living-related versus deceased donor pediatric liver transplantation: a multivariate analysis of technical and immunological complications in 235 recipientsC Bourdeaux
Pediatric Liver Transplant Program, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Saint Luc University Clinics, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Transplant 7:440-7. 2007....
- Use of mycophenolate mofetil as rescue therapy after pediatric liver transplantationC Chardot
Cliniques Universitaire Saint Luc, , Brussels, Belgium
Transplantation 71:224-9. 2001..Its use is hampered by frequent gastrointestinal and hematological side-effects. MMF does not seem to increase the risk of PTLD nor CMV disease...
- The effects of intraoperative intravenous clonidine on fluid requirements, hemodynamic variables, and support during liver transplantation: a prospective, randomized studyM De Kock
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Louvain, St Luc Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Anesth Analg 86:468-76. 1998..v. fluids and blood products without compromising circulatory stability. Improvement in immediate reperfusion-induced disturbances was observed...
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt approach and local thrombolysis for treatment of early posttransplant portal vein thrombosisO Ciccarelli
Department of Digestive Surgery, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc/1400, , Av. Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transplantation 72:159-61. 2001..Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunting and local thrombolysis may represent an easy solution to this major complication of liver transplantation...
- [Hepatic transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: state of the art]J Lerut
Unité de transplantation abdominale, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Bruxelles, Belgique
J Chir (Paris) 144:105-10. 2007..The treatment strategies for hepatocellular cancer should be multidisciplinary from the start; the use of all available treatment tools including liver transplantation should be better evaluated by multicentric studies...
- Evaluation of a new immunoassay to measure sirolimus blood concentrations compared to a tandem mass-spectrometric chromatographic analysisC Fillee
Laboratoire de Toxicologie TDM, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium
Transplant Proc 37:2890-1. 2005..5 ng/mL, which were acceptable for routine clinical monitoring. In conclusion, the MEIA method has shown robust, stable, reproducible, features with an excellent correlation with the reference LC-MS/MS method...
- Simplified technique of orthotopic liver transplantation in pigsF Oike
Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, , , Brussels, Belgium
Transplantation 71:328-31. 2001..CONCLUSION: Simplified technique without VVB is appropriate for successfully achieving OLT in pigs...
- The paediatric liver transplantation program at the Université catholique de LouvainR Reding
Paediatric Liver Transplantation Program, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Saint Luc University Clinics, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 67:176-8. 2004....
- Favorable outcome of orthotopic liver transplantation in a patient with subacute liver failure due to the emergence of a hepatitis B YMDD escape mutant virusP Starkel
Department of Gastroenterology, Liver Transplant Program, St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Hepatol 35:679-81. 2001..Patients with end-stage liver disease due to chronic hepatitis B infection in whom a YMDD escape hepatitis B virus (HBV) mutant has emerged under lamivudine treatment are generally denied liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Hepatic haemangioendothelioma in adults: excellent outcome following liver transplantationJan P Lerut
Liver Transplant Programme, Department of Digestive Surgery, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc 1400, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Av Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 17:202-7. 2004..We can conclude that liver transplantation is a valuable treatment for hepatic haemangioendothelioma, even in cases of extrahepatic localisation of the disease...
- Vascular and rare liver tumors: a good indication for liver transplantation?Jan P Lerut
Abdominal Transplant Unit, Department of Abdominal and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospitals St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
J Hepatol 47:466-75. 2007