- Adipose tissues as endocrine target organsNicolas Lanthier
Laboratoire de Gastroentérologie et Hépatologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 28:545-58. 2014..Also we will review surgical and pharmacological procedures to target adiposity as therapeutic interventions to treat obesity-associated disorders. ..
- Liver progenitor cells and therapeutic potential of stem cells in human chronic liver diseasesNicolas Lanthier
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Specialities Department, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 76:3-9. 2013..Present data on stem cell therapy are heterogeneous in terms of methods and endpoints; thus, results need to be carefully examined prior to drawing a conclusion on possible benefits...
- Impact of PPAR-α induction on glucose homoeostasis in alcohol-fed miceValérie Lebrun
Laboratory of Hepato Gastroenterology, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Clin Sci (Lond) 125:501-11. 2013..PPAR-α agonist treatment that prevents steatosis and dampens hepatic inflammation also prevents alcohol-induced hepatic insulin resistance. However, KC depletion has little impact on OH-induced metabolic disturbances...
- Autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation in patients with decompensated alcoholic liver disease: a randomized controlled trialLaurent Spahr
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e53719. 2013..We assessed whether autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation (BMMCT) improved liver function in decompensated ALD...
- Kupffer cell depletion prevents but has no therapeutic effect on metabolic and inflammatory changes induced by a high-fat dietNicolas Lanthier
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastro Entérologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, UCL GAEN 5379, Ave E Mounier 53, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
FASEB J 25:4301-11. 2011..Preventive and prolonged KC depletion ameliorates insulin sensitivity and prevents adipose tissue inflammation, suggesting a communication between the liver and the adipose tissue in the development of HFD-induced metabolic alterations...
- Kupffer cells influence parenchymal invasion and phenotypic orientation, but not the proliferation, of liver progenitor cells in a murine model of liver injuryNoémi Van Hul
Laboratory of Hepato Gastroenterology, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Pathol 179:1839-50. 2011..Depletion of KC may limit the LPC parenchymal invasion through a deficiency in chemoattracting factors, reduced activation of MF, and/or a paucity of the ECM framework necessary for cell motility...
- Intramural hematoma of the esophagusDahlia Thao Cao
Department of Medical Specialties, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Division, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Case Rep Gastroenterol 6:510-7. 2012..The treatment is conservative and the prognosis usually excellent with complete resolution within a few weeks...