- [Dynamic echocardiography in mitral insufficiency]P Lancellotti
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, 4000 Liege
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 95:793-8. 2002..Thanks to the improvement of the Doppler signal quality, quantification of the regurgitant volume variations can be obtained in a reproducible manner at rest and during effort by applying the "PISA" method...
- [Ischemic mitral regurgitation]P Lancellotti
Universite de Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:1056-62. 2007..Mitral regurgitation (MR) is a common and serious complication of ischemic heart disease. Three general forms are distinguished: MR related to acute rupture of the mitral pillar, ischemic MR and functional MR...
- [Management of functional mitral regurgitation]L Pierard
Service de cardiologie, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 62:79-82. 2007..Mitral valve repair--undersized annuloplasty--can be useful but the indications are still controversial. Percutaneous annul loplasty is feasible. The first implantation in the world of one of the devices has been performed in CHU Liège...
- The usual causes of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction below the aortic valve in normal ventriculoarterial connection: review of the physiopathology and surgical implicationsM Radermecker
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 105:475-81. 2005..Knowledge of the substrate of LVOTO, its physiopathology and natural history allows to plan accordingly the surgical repair and the postoperative management...
- Determinants of persistent negative T waves and early versus late T wave normalisation after acute myocardial infarctionL A Pierard
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Liege, Belgium
Heart 91:1008-12. 2005..To determine whether persistent versus early or delayed T wave normalisation of negative T waves after acute myocardial infarction is determined by the myocardial state, the treatment strategy, or both...
- Identification of viable myocardium early after acute myocardial infarction using closed-loop arbutamine echocardiography: comparison with positron emission tomographyL A Pierard
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Sart Tilman Liège, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 56:387-94. 2001..This study sought to evaluate the safety and efficacy of arbutamine echocardiography in identifying contractile reserve and predicting functional improvement early after acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Full recovery of contraction late after acute myocardial infarction: determinants and early predictorsP Lancellotti
Division of Cardiology, , , Belgium
Heart 85:521-6. 2001..Elective coronary angioplasty of the infarct related artery before hospital discharge is associated with full recovery...
- Exercise versus dobutamine-induced ST elevation in the infarct-related electrocardiographic leads: clinical significance and correlation with functional recoveryP Lancellotti
Department of Cardiology and Medical Computing, University Hospital Sart Tilman, , Belgium
Am Heart J 141:772-9. 2001..06; P = not significant). CONCLUSIONS: Stress-induced ST elevation is an ancillary sign of viable myocardium that can recover. The sum of ST elevation at peak dobutamine stress correlates with the extent of functional recovery...
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography versus quantitative technetium-99m sestamibi SPECT for detecting residual stenosis and multivessel disease after myocardial infarctionP Lancellotti
, , Belgium
Heart 86:510-5. 2001..DSE is more predictive of moderate or severe infarct related artery stenosis. Combined imaging only improves the detection of mild stenosis...
- Significance of dobutamine-induced changes in QT dispersion early after acute myocardial infarctionP Lancellotti
Department of Cardiology, , , Belgium
Am J Cardiol 88:939-43. 2001....
- Acute ST-segment elevation in Neisseria meningitisO Gach
Division of Cardiology, , Belgium
Acta Cardiol 56:327-9. 2001..However, myocarditis could not be completely ruled out...
- [Shoshin beriberi: myth or reality?]C Masset
Service de cardiologie, Universite de Liege
Rev Med Liege 56:155-8. 2001..Without specific treatment it evulers, toward death by cardiogenic shock and metabolic acidosis. Treatment by thiamine and alkalinisation permits a spectacular and fast recovery...
- [Image of the month. Myxoma of the left atrium]C Tombeux
Service de cardiologie, CHU Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege
Rev Med Liege 58:723. 2003
- Feasibility and reproducibility of off-line tissue Doppler measurement of regional myocardial function during dobutamine stress echocardiographyA G Fraser
University of Wales, College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 4:43-53. 2003..Off-line post-processing of colour tissue Doppler from digital loops may allow objective quantification of dobutamine stress echocardiography. We assessed the reproducibility of off-line measurements of regional myocardial velocities...
- [Image of the month. False aneurysm of the left ventricle]P Lancellotti
Universite de Liege, Service de cardiologie, CHU de Liege
Rev Med Liege 57:485. 2002
- [Image of the month. De-insertion of a prosthetic mitral ring in the course of mitral valvuloplasty]E Nellessen
Service de cardiologie, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege
Rev Med Liege 57:361-2. 2002
- Quantitation of functional mitral regurgitation during bicycle exercise in patients with heart failureF Lebrun
Division of Cardiology, , Liege, Belgium
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1685-92. 2001..An increase in mitral regurgitant volume during dynamic exercise correlates well with elevation of systolic pulmonary artery pressure...
- [Ventricular septal defect and recent myocardial infarction]P Delanaye
Service de cardiologie,
Rev Med Liege 56:823-9. 2001..The risk factors conditioning prognosis, the surgical options and the question of simultaneous coronary bypass will be discussed after a thorough review of the literature...
- [Anxiety disorders and organic pathology: a differential diagnosis difficulty]G Scantamburlo
Universite de Liege, Service de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Médicale
Rev Med Liege 57:303-6. 2002..We report a case of coronary artery spasm in a patient with chest pain, exhibiting atypical characteristics, and accompanied by symptoms of nervousness. The approach and the management of anxiety disorders are discussed...