J F Kaux
- Platelet-rich plasma application in the management of chronic tendinopathiesJean François Kaux
Department of Motricity Sciences, Service of Physical Medicine and Sports Traumatology, University and University Hospital of Liège, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 79:10-5. 2013..The few studies that have been performed appear unlikely to be comparable. Randomized controlled studies with appropriate placebo groups are needed to determine the real effectiveness of PRP for treating chronic musculoskeletal injuries...
- Eccentric training improves tendon biomechanical properties: a rat modelJean François Kaux
Physical Medicine Service and Department of Motility Sciences, University Hospital of Liege, University of Liege, Avenue de 1 Hôpital, B35, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Orthop Res 31:119-24. 2013..Our results partly explained how mechanical loading, especially in eccentric mode, could improve the healing of tendon...
- Effects of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on the healing of Achilles tendons of ratsJean François Kaux
Physical Medicine Service, Department of Motility Sciences, University Hospital of Liege, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Wound Repair Regen 20:748-56. 2012..In conclusion, an injection of PRP in sectioned rat Achilles tendon influences the early phase of tendon healing and results in an ultimately stronger mechanical resistance...
- [Osteogenesis imperfecta]J F Kaux
Service de Médecine de l Appareil Locomoteur, CHU de Liege
Rev Med Liege 64:11-5. 2009..The goal of any treatment is to promote bone remineralisation and to decrease the fracture frequency. The treatment includes calcium and vitamin D, and in the presence of some precise criteria, biphosphonate therapy...
- Sudden dysphagia in an elderly, quadriparetic patientJ F Kaux
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Liege, University Hospital, Avenue de l Hopital, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 52:59-65. 2009..In view of the continued absence of dysphagia after 6 months of pyridostigmine treatment, this diagnosis was considered as definitive...
- Comparison of the platelet concentrations obtained in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) between the GPS™ II and GPS™ III systemsJ F Kaux
Physical Medicine and Sport Traumatology Service, Motility Department, University of Liege, University Hospital Sart Tilman, Avenue de l Hopital, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Pathol Biol (Paris) 59:275-7. 2011..Platelet growth factors are known for their ability to speed up tissue healing (bone, skin, tendons, muscle). Various techniques make it possible to collect this platelet-rich plasma or PRP...
- [Comparative study of five techniques of preparation of platelet-rich plasma]J F Kaux
Médecine de l appareil locomoteur et traumatologie du sport, Universite de Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Avenue de l Hopital, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgique
Pathol Biol (Paris) 59:157-60. 2011..The quantity of released growth factors could be related to the system of preparation employed. We thus carried out a comparative study of five techniques of preparation of PRP described in the literature...
- [How I explore ... review of the principals of antibodies]C Le Goff
Service de Chimie Médicale, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 63:43-9. 2008..This paper is concerned with the main autoantibodies that can be picked out at the laboratory of immunology. Some technical explanations and INAMI rules are explained too...
- Exuberant inflammatory reaction after an infiltration of platelet-rich plasma (prp)J F Kaux
University and University Hospital of Liège, Belgium
Br J Sports Med 47:e3. 2013..The evolution was favourable after 6 months of symptomatic treatment, and the pain decreased to a level similar to that before the infiltration of PRP...
- [Single cervical metastasis of breast cancer]A C Courtois
Service de Médecine de l Appareil Locomoteur, CHU de Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 66:285-7. 2011..The treatment is currently not standardized and it combines hormone therapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and/or surgery...