Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Eight-step method to build the clinical content of an evidence-based care pathway: the case for COPD exacerbationCathy Lodewijckx
Respiratory Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Trials 13:229. 2012....
- The European quality of care pathways (EQCP) study on the impact of care pathways on interprofessional teamwork in an acute hospital setting: study protocol: for a cluster randomised controlled trial and evaluation of implementation processesSvin Deneckere
Public Health School, Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer, Leuven, Belgium
Implement Sci 7:47. 2012..The objective of the European Quality of Care Pathway (EQCP) study is therefore to study the impact of care pathways on interprofessional teamwork and to build up understanding on the implementation process...
- A cluster randomized trial to assess the effect of clinical pathways for patients with stroke: results of the clinical pathways for effective and appropriate care studyMassimiliano Panella
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara, Italy
BMC Med 10:71. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate whether CPs improve the outcomes and the quality of care provided to patients after acute ischemic stroke...
- Recommended content of referral letters from general practitioners to specialised mental health care: a qualitative multi-perspective studyMiriam Hartveit
Research Network on Integrated Health Care in Western Norway, Helse Fonna HF, Valen Hospital, N 5451, Haugesund, Valen, Norway
BMC Health Serv Res 13:329. 2013....
- Care pathways across the primary-hospital care continuum: using the multi-level framework in explaining care coordinationSabine Van Houdt
Department of General Practice, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33 Blok J, Box 7001, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 13:296. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the extent to which care pathways support or create elements of the multi-level framework necessary to improve care coordination across the primary-hospital care continuum...
- The Arabic version of the hospital survey on patient safety culture: a psychometric evaluation in a Palestinian sampleShahenaz Najjar
Health Services Research Group, School of Public Health KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 13:193. 2013..The aim of this study is to investigate the psychometric properties of the Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture (HSOPSC) and its appropriateness for Arab hospitals...
- Effects of care pathways on the in-hospital treatment of heart failure: a systematic reviewSeval Kul
Department of Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:81. 2012....
- The Care Process Self-Evaluation Tool: a valid and reliable instrument for measuring care process organization of health care teamsDeborah Seys
Department of Public Health, Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 4th floor, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 13:325. 2013..The goal of the present study was to further evaluate the psychometric properties of the CPSET at the team and hospital levels and to compile a cutoff score table...
- The impact of care pathways for patients with proximal femur fracture: rationale and design of a cluster-randomized controlled trialKris Vanhaecht
Health Services Research Group, School of Public Health, KU Leuven, University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 12:124. 2012....
- Have we drawn the wrong conclusions about the value of care pathways? Is a Cochrane review appropriate?Kris Vanhaecht
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eval Health Prof 35:28-42. 2012..To fully understand the potential and problems of care pathways, it is important to define (a) exactly what we are talking about (b) whether the study methods are appropriate, and (c) whether we can properly define the outcomes...
- The Western Norway mental health interface study: a controlled intervention trial on referral letters between primary care and specialist mental health careMiriam Hartveit
Research network of Integrated Care in Western Norway, Helse Fonna HF, Haugesund, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 11:177. 2011....
- Effects of clinical pathways in the joint replacement: a meta-analysisA Barbieri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont A, Avogadro, Novara, Italy
BMC Med 7:32. 2009....
- Clinical pathway audit tools: a systematic reviewKris Vanhaecht
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Nurs Manag 14:529-37. 2006..To determine whether clinical/care pathway audit tools can identify the characteristics of well-organized care processes...
- Do pathways lead to better organized care processes?Kris Vanhaecht
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 15:782-8. 2009....
- The impact of care pathways for exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: rationale and design of a cluster randomized controlled trialKris Vanhaecht
European Pathway Association, Kapucijnenvoer 35 4, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Trials 11:111. 2010....
- Development and validation of a care process self-evaluation toolKris Vanhaecht
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, School of Public Health, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Health Serv Manage Res 20:189-202. 2007..The CPSET can be used in the audit and accreditation of care processes and will help managers and clinicians to understand better how care processes are organized...
- Does the organization of care processes affect outcomes in patients undergoing total joint replacement?Kris Vanhaecht
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, 4th Floor, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 16:121-8. 2010..Although evidence is available on the effect of pathways in total joint replacement, their impact with the organization of the care process has not been studied previously...
- Indicators for follow-up of multidisciplinary teamwork in care processes: results of an international expert panelSvin Deneckere
Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Eval Health Prof 34:258-77. 2011..quot; Scientific researchers and hospital managers that want to study and improve multidisciplinary teamwork in care processes should primarily focus on these team indicators...
- Inhospital management of COPD exacerbations: a systematic review of the literature with regard to adherence to international guidelinesCathy Lodewijckx
University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 15:1101-10. 2009..Further investigation is recommended to explore strategies like care pathways that improve performance of recommended interventions...
- Key interventions and outcomes in joint arthroplasty clinical pathways: a systematic reviewPieter Van Herck
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 4th floor, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 16:39-49. 2010..study is aimed at three research questions: (1) What are the key interventions used in joint arthroplasty clinical pathways? (2) Which outcome measures are used? (3) What are the effects of a joint arthroplasty clinical pathway?..
- Defining pathwaysLeentje De Bleser
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Nurs Manag 14:553-63. 2006..These have led to confusion. There is no single, widely accepted definition of a clinical pathway. The aim of the study was to survey the definitions used in describing the concept and to derive key characteristics of clinical pathways...
- Development of a clinical pathway for total knee arthroplasty and the effect on length of stay and in-hospital functional outcomeKris Vanhaecht
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 71:439-44. 2005..This pathway significantly decreased length of stay by 33% without negatively affecting functional outcomes during hospitalisation. In further research also the long-term effects have to be studied...
- Classifying clinical pathwaysLeentje De Bleser
Center for Health Services Research, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Stud Health Technol Inform 110:9-14. 2004..Clinical pathways are commonly developed for homogenous patient groups. We were wondering if the traditional patient classification systems could be used for classifying clinical pathways...
- Prevention pathways: application of the critical path methodology in occupational health servicesLode Godderis
Laboratory of Occupational Hygiene and Toxicology, Occupational and Insurance Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Occup Environ Med 46:39-47. 2004..The case shows how prevention pathways can be used to pilot the members of a multidisciplinary team by focusing on a specific occupational risk...