Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Auditory processing and speech perception in children with specific language impairment: relations with oral language and literacy skillsEllen Vandewalle
ExpORL, Department of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Res Dev Disabil 33:635-44. 2012..Moreover, speech perception seemed to be more associated with the development of literacy skills and less with oral language ability...
- Development of phonological processing skills in children with specific language impairment with and without literacy delay: a 3-year longitudinal studyEllen Vandewalle
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Speech Lang Hear Res 55:1053-67. 2012..To compare the development of phonological skills in children with specific language impairment (SLI) with and without literacy delay and to examine whether kindergarten phonological skills could discriminate these 2 groups...
- Oral language and narrative skills in children with specific language impairment with and without literacy delay: a three-year longitudinal studyEllen Vandewalle
ExpORL, Department of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven, Belgium
Res Dev Disabil 33:1857-70. 2012..Only for listening comprehension and storytelling, they improved, probably as a result of more print exposure...
- Towards a further characterization of phonological and literacy problems in Dutch-speaking children with dyslexiaBart Boets
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Centre for Parenting, Child Welfare and Disabilities, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Vesaliusstraat 2, 8 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Br J Dev Psychol 28:5-31. 2010..After 2 years of reading instruction, only RAN predicted reading speed and accuracy. Letter knowledge, reading accuracy, and reading speed also contributed to the development of PA...
- Is there a common neuroanatomical substrate of language deficit between autism spectrum disorder and specific language impairment?Judith S Verhoeven
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospitals of the Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Cereb Cortex 22:2263-71. 2012..The observation of structural SLF disturbances in SLI but not in ASD-LI suggests the existence of a different neuroanatomical substrate for the language deficits in both disorders...