Genomes and Genes
Isabelle Vanden Bempt
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Real-time reverse transcription-PCR and fluorescence in-situ hybridization are complementary to understand the mechanisms involved in HER-2/neu overexpression in human breast carcinomasI Vanden Bempt
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of K U Leuven, and Centre for Human Genetics, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Histopathology 46:431-41. 2005..To evaluate the HER-2/neu status at the mRNA and DNA level of breast carcinomas and to compare it with HER-2/neu receptor overexpression by immunohistochemistry (IHC)...
- Comparative expressed sequence hybridization reveals differential gene expression in morphological breast cancer subtypesIsabelle Vanden Bempt
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of KU Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 12, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pathol 208:486-94. 2006..In addition, using CESH, it was possible to identify an ERBB2 expression signature, comprising four chromosomal regions with potential significance in the aggressive behaviour of ERBB2-positive IDC-NOS...
- The complexity of genotypic alterations underlying HER2-positive breast cancer: an explanation for its clinical heterogeneityIsabelle Vanden Bempt
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Curr Opin Oncol 19:552-7. 2007..We discuss recent findings on the genotypic alterations associated with HER2-positive breast cancer in an attempt to clarify the clinical heterogeneity observed among these tumors...
- Polysomy 17 in breast cancer: clinicopathologic significance and impact on HER-2 testingIsabelle Vanden Bempt
Department of Pathology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 26:4869-74. 2008..We investigated the impact of polysomy 17 on HER-2 testing and studied its clinicopathologic significance in relation to HER2 gene amplification...
- Qualitative assessment of the progesterone receptor and HER2 improves the Nottingham Prognostic Index up to 5 years after breast cancer diagnosisVanya Van Belle
Department of Electrical Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenber, 10 2446, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 28:4129-34. 2010....
- Axillary lymph node status of operable breast cancers by combined steroid receptor and HER-2 status: triple positive tumours are more likely lymph node positiveBen Van Calster
Multidisciplinary Breast Centre, UZ Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:181-7. 2009..To examine the frequency of axillary lymph node (ALN) invasion of operable breast cancers by their combined oestrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR) and HER-2 status...
- The E2F-regulated gene Chk1 is highly expressed in triple-negative estrogen receptor /progesterone receptor /HER-2 breast carcinomasLieve Verlinden
Laboratorium voor Experimentele Geneeskunde en Endocrinologie and CMPG ESAT, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Res 67:6574-81. 2007..Further research is warranted to validate the use of Chk1 inhibitors in triple-negative breast carcinomas for which treatment strategies are limited at present...
- T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma shows transcriptional features suggestive of a tolerogenic host immune responsePeter Van Loo
Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics, VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Haematologica 95:440-8. 2010..The tumor cells of both lymphomas share several characteristics, while the cellular composition of their microenvironment is clearly different...
- In early-stage breast cancer, the estrogen receptor interacts with correlation between human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 status and age at diagnosis, tumor grade, and lymph node involvementPatrick Neven
J Clin Oncol 26:1768-9; author reply 1769-71. 2008