Robert A van den Berg
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Metabolomics data exploration guided by prior knowledgeRobert A van den Berg
TNO Quality of Life, P O Box 360, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Anal Chim Acta 651:173-81. 2009..Compared to an ordinary PCA, focusing the data analysis on biologically relevant metabolites lead especially for the complex E. coli data to a better biological interpretation of the data...
- Identification of modules in Aspergillus niger by gene co-expression network analysisRobert A van den Berg
TNO Quality of Life, Zeist, The Netherlands
Fungal Genet Biol 47:539-50. 2010....
- Integrating functional genomics data using maximum likelihood based simultaneous component analysisRobert A van den Berg
SymBioSys, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Bioinformatics 10:340. 2009..Subsequently, the performance of the two methods is evaluated by analysis of a real life Escherichia coli metabolomics data set...
- A flexible framework for sparse simultaneous component based data integrationKatrijn Van Deun
Center for Computational Systems Biology SymBioSys, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Bioinformatics 12:448. 2011..However, the interpretation of the principal and simultaneous components is often daunting because contributions of each of the biomolecules (transcripts, proteins) have to be taken into account...
- Centering, scaling, and transformations: improving the biological information content of metabolomics dataRobert A van den Berg
TNO Quality of Life, P, O, Box 360, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 7:142. 2006..Data pretreatment methods can correct for aspects that hinder the biological interpretation of metabolomics data sets by emphasizing the biological information in the data set and thus improving their biological interpretability...
- Simultaneous analysis of coupled data matrices subject to different amounts of noiseTom F Wilderjans
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Br J Math Stat Psychol 64:277-90. 2011....