Pieter Van Herck
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Revision of the Belgian Nursing Minimum Dataset: From data to informationWalter Sermeus
Centre for Health Services Research, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:616-8. 2006..The aim of this paper is to describe how the B-NMDS can contribute to each of these applications...
- Key interventions and outcomes in joint arthroplasty clinical pathways: a systematic reviewPieter Van Herck
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 4th floor, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 16:39-49. 2010..study is aimed at three research questions: (1) What are the key interventions used in joint arthroplasty clinical pathways? (2) Which outcome measures are used? (3) What are the effects of a joint arthroplasty clinical pathway?..
- Healthcare payment reforms across western countries on three continents: lessons from stakeholder preferences when asked to rate the supportiveness for fulfilling patients' needsPieter Van Herck
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Health Policy 111:14-23. 2013..We collected survey data from 942 stakeholders across Canada, Europe, Oceania, and the United States. A total of 48 international societies invited their members to participate in our study...
- Effects of clinical pathways in the joint replacement: a meta-analysisA Barbieri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont A, Avogadro, Novara, Italy
BMC Med 7:32. 2009....
- Using hospital administrative data to evaluate the knowledge-to-action gap in pressure ulcer preventive carePieter Van Herck
Research Fellow at the Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 15:375-82. 2009..One major obstacle to bridging this knowledge-to-action gap is data availability. We propose using large-scale hospital administrative data combined with the latest evidence-based methods as part of the solution to this problem...
- Systematic review: Effects, design choices, and context of pay-for-performance in health carePieter Van Herck
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 10:247. 2010..Effect domains include clinical effectiveness, access and equity, coordination and continuity, patient-centeredness, and cost-effectiveness...
- Pay-for-performance step-by-step: introduction to the MIMIQ modelPieter Van Herck
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, 4th Floor, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Health Policy 102:8-17. 2011..To this end a model called 'Model for Implementing and Monitoring Incentives for Quality' (MIMIQ) is presented...
- Development and validation of nursing resource weights for the Belgian Nursing Minimum Dataset in general hospitals: a Delphi questionnaire survey approachWalter Sermeus
Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Int J Nurs Stud 46:256-67. 2009..Arguments include the availability of a nursing minimum dataset and the adverse consequences of the current historically based nursing weight system...