Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Minimal deviation and/or naevoid melanoma: is recognition worthwhile? A clinicopathological study of nine casesM Stas
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospitals, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Melanoma Res 10:371-80. 2000..Wide excision, even of local recurrence, and therapeutic node dissection could nevertheless provide survival comparable at least to that predicted by mathematical models for patients who initially had optimal treatment...
- 18-FDG PET scan in the staging of recurrent melanoma: additional value and therapeutic impactM Stas
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospitals, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Melanoma Res 12:479-90. 2002....
- Expression of the endothelin-B receptor in pigment cell lesions of the skin. Evidence for its role as tumor progression marker in malignant melanomaA Demunter
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Virchows Arch 438:485-91. 2001..These data add the ETB receptor to the growing list of tumor progression markers in MM and suggest that ETs play a role in the progression of MM in the skin...
- Analysis of N- and K-ras mutations in the distinctive tumor progression phases of melanomaA Demunter
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 117:1483-9. 2001....
- Infection assessment of totally implanted long-term venous access devicesF Brouns
Surgical Oncology, University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
J Vasc Access 7:24-8. 2006..Comparison of catheter tip versus port content culture techniques to assess infection in totally implanted vascular access devices (TIVAD)...
- Radiation-induced sarcoma: analysis of 46 casesS De Smet
Department of Surgical Oncology, Leuven University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 108:574-9. 2008..No 5-year survival was noticed after non-radical resection and in the absence of surgery. Stage and location of the sarcoma were other prognostic factors. Overall 5-year survival was 27% for the whole group...
- Functional evaluation of conventional 'Celsite' venous ports versus 'Vortex' ports with a tangential outlet: a prospective randomised pilot studyG A Goossens
Oncology Division, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 16:1367-74. 2008..The present study compared the Vortex port to the classically shaped Celsite port with regards to functional complications...
- Quality of life and disability after ilio-inguinal lymphadenectomyE Brouns
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 108:685-90. 2008..To examine and report the quality of life together with the level of disability of cancer patients who underwent therapeutic ilio-inguinal lymphadenectomy...
- Surgical interventions during STI 571 treatment of metastatic GIST: experience in six patientsI Nevelsteen
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 104:683-9. 2004..Surgery proved to be safe and efficient, allowing continuation of STI therapy in much better circumstances...
- Case-control study to identify melanoma risk factors in the Belgian population: the significance of clinical examinationT Nijsten
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, B Julien Lambert 2650 Edegem, Belgium
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:332-9. 2005..Although numerous studies have evaluated risk factors associated with cutaneous malignant melanoma (CMM), no such study has been carried out in Belgium...
- Sleeve-related thrombosis: a new form of catheter-related thrombosisD Z Xiang
Centre for Experimental Surgery and Anaesthesiology, University Hospital, Catholic University, Louvain, Belgium
Thromb Res 104:7-14. 2001..This thrombus was separated from the vein wall and could not be considered a mural thrombus. As the thrombus was only attached to the terminal part of the organized catheter sleeve we propose the name sleeve-related thrombosis...
- A novel N-ras mutation in malignant melanoma is associated with excellent prognosisA Demunter
Laboratory of Morphology, Department of Pathology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Cancer Res 61:4916-22. 2001..However, for a precise elucidation of the role of the N-Ras(A18T) mutant in melanoma, additional studies aimed to measure the affinity to guanine nucleotide exchange factors and GTPase-activating proteins are needed...