Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Optical properties of apple skin and flesh in the wavelength range from 350 to 2200 nmWouter Saeys
Department of Biosystems, Division of Mechatronics Biostatistics and Sensors, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 30, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Appl Opt 47:908-19. 2008..Comparison to the values from time-resolved spectroscopy reported in literature showed comparable profiles for the optical properties, but overestimation of the absorption coefficient values, due to light losses...
- Increasing robustness against changes in the interferent structure by incorporating prior information in the augmented classical least-squares frameworkWouter Saeys
Norwegian Food Research Institute Matforsk
Anal Chem 80:4951-9. 2008....
- Using experimental data designs and multivariate modeling to assess the effect of glycated serum protein concentration on glucose prediction from near-infrared spectra of human serumSandeep Sharma
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, BIOSYST MeBioS, Kasteelpark Arenberg 30, Box 2456, Heverlee Leuven, 3001 Belgium
Appl Spectrosc 68:398-405. 2014..86) in predicting glucose concentration. Overall, it was concluded that the glycated serum proteins do not affect the glucose prediction accuracy of PLSR models using NIR spectra of human serum. ..
- Mid-infrared spectrometry of milk for dairy metabolomics: a comparison of two sampling techniques and effect of homogenizationBen Aernouts
BIOSYST MeBioS, K U Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 30, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Anal Chim Acta 705:88-97. 2011..Based on these observations it can be concluded that μATR approach is most suitable for rapid at line or even on-line milk composition measurement, although homogenization is crucial to achieve good prediction of the fat content...
- Performance evaluation of preprocessing techniques utilizing expert information in multivariate calibrationSandeep Sharma
BIOSYST MeBioS, KU Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 30, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Talanta 121:105-12. 2014..Similarly, for data set-2, nearly 63% improvement in the prediction error was observed when the interferent information was utilized in Spectral Interferent Subtraction preprocessing. ..
- Application of visible and near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy (Vis/NIRS) to determine carotenoid contents in banana (Musa spp.) fruit pulpMark W Davey
Laboratory for Fruit Breeding and Biotechnology, Division of Crop Biotechnics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, De Croylaan 42, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 57:1742-51. 2009....