Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Human embryonic and rat adult stem cells with primitive endoderm-like phenotype can be fated to definitive endoderm, and finally hepatocyte-like cellsPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, and Hepatology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 5:e12101. 2010..This differentiation protocol will be useful for generating hepatocyte-like cells from rodent and human stem cells, and to gain insight into the early stages of liver development...
- Differentiation of rat multipotent adult progenitor cells to functional hepatocyte-like cells by mimicking embryonic liver developmentPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Protoc 5:1324-36. 2010....
- Culture of mouse embryonic stem cells with serum but without exogenous growth factors is sufficient to generate functional hepatocyte-like cellsKaren Pauwelyn
Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e23096. 2011..These results suggest that differences exist between lineage specific differentiation potential of mESC and hESC, requiring optimization of different protocols for ESC from either species...
- Directed differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to functional hepatocytesPhilip Roelandt
Stem Cell Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 997:141-7. 2013....
- Human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatocytes support complete replication of hepatitis C virusPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, KU Leuven, Belgium
J Hepatol 57:246-51. 2012..Therefore, there is significant interest in the establishment from of a HCV culture system in human stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like cells...
- HNF1B deficiency causes ciliary defects in human cholangiocytesPhilip Roelandt
Hepatology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Hepatology 56:1178-81. 2012..Electron microscopy revealed a paucity or absence of normal primary cilia. Therefore, heterozygous HNF1B deficiency is associated with ciliary anomalies in cholangiocytes, and this may cause cholestasis...
- Directed differentiation of murine-induced pluripotent stem cells to functional hepatocyte-like cellsPau Sancho-Bru
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
J Hepatol 54:98-107. 2011..Therefore, it is important to develop procedures which are specifically oriented to induce iPS cell differentiation...