Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Reversibility of paraneoplastic bilateral diaphragmatic paralysis after nephrectomy for renal cell carcinomaB Rijnders
Respiratory Division, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 11:221-5. 2000..We believe this is the first report of a paraneoplastic bilateral diaphragmatic paralysis with actual recovery after tumour therapy...
- Frequency of transient streptococcal bacteremia following urgent orotracheal intubation in critically ill patientsB J Rijnders
Interne Geneeskunde, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Intensive Care Med 27:434-7. 2001..To examine whether urgent orotracheal intubation (OI) can induce bacteremia. To find predictive factors for post-intubation bacteremia...
- Catheter-tip colonization as a surrogate end point in clinical studies on catheter-related bloodstream infection: how strong is the evidence?Bart J A Rijnders
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 35:1053-8. 2002..In evaluations of clinical interventions or new techniques for the prevention of catheter-related BSI, investigation of the prevention of CTC seems to be a logical first step...
- Use of full sterile barrier precautions during insertion of arterial catheters: a randomized trialBart J A Rijnders
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 36:743-8. 2003..5 cases per 1000 catheter-days). Use of SBPs did not prevent AC colonization or infection. The incidence of AC-related infectious complications was comparable to the incidence of CVC-related infection reported in the literature...
- Use of semiautomatic treatment advice to improve compliance with Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines for treatment of intravascular catheter-related infection: a before-after studyBart J A Rijnders
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 37:980-3. 2003..This simple and not labor-intensive intervention decreased guideline noncompliance from 44% to 15% (P<.01)...
- Catheter-related infection can be prevented...if we take the arterial line seriously too!Bart J A Rijnders
Crit Care Med 33:1437-9. 2005
- Effects of selection of control subjects in a case-control study on the outcome of catheter-related bloodstream infectionBart J A Rijnders
Clin Infect Dis 42:1056-7; author reply 1057. 2006
- Diagnosing catheter-related bloodstream infection without catheter removal? Not so fast!Bart J A Rijnders
Clin Infect Dis 45:138; author reply 138-9. 2007