Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Fast psychomotor functioning in anorexia nervosa: effect of weight restorationGuido Pieters
Behaviour Therapy Department, University Centre St Jozef, Kortenberg, Belgium
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 27:931-42. 2005..The finding of a consistent pattern of shorter reaction and drawing times in AN patients before and after weight restoration is compatible with a personality characteristic of perfectionism and overachievement in AN patients...
- Differentiation of cognitive and motor aspects in a digit symbol substitution test in Anorexia nervosa patients, before and after weight restorationGuido Pieters
Behaviour Therapy Department, UC St Jozef, Kortenberg, Belgium
Psychopathology 37:227-32. 2004..These differences persisted with weight restoration...
- Fast psychomotor functioning in underweight anorexia nervosa patientsGuido Pieters
Behavior Therapy Department, UC St Jozef, Leuvensesteenweg 517, B3070, Kortenberg, Belgium
J Psychiatr Res 37:501-8. 2003..e. impaired attention) in these patients. The differences seem to be related to cognitive factors more than to motor (executive) components...
- Variability in affective activation predicts non-suicidal self-injury in eating disordersKristof Vansteelandt
University Psychiatric Center KU Leuven Campus Kortenberg, Leuvensesteenweg 517, Kortenberg, Belgium
Eur Eat Disord Rev 21:143-7. 2013..It is suggested that the treatment of NSSI should focus on affect stabilization rather than reducing negative affect...
- Evaluation of body experience questionnaires in eating disorders in female patients (AN/BN) and nonclinical participantsMichel Probst
University Psychiatric Center K U Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Kortenberg, Belgium
Int J Eat Disord 41:657-65. 2008..Body image disturbance is an important factor in the development and the treatment of eating disorders. Therefore, evaluations of different instruments for measuring body image disturbances are necessary...
- Sleep variables in anorexia nervosa: evolution with weight restorationGuido Pieters
Department of Behavior Therapy, University Centre St Jozef, Kortenberg, Belgium
Int J Eat Disord 35:342-7. 2004..Studies on sleep patterns in anorexia nervosa (AN) have yielded inconsistent results. Therefore, we have studied the evolution of subjective and objective sleep characteristics in AN patients before and after weight restoration...
- Body composition in bulimia nervosa patients compared to healthy femalesMichel Probst
University Center St Jozef, 3070 Kortenberg, Belgium
Eur J Nutr 43:288-96. 2004....
- Trauma and autobiographical memory specificity in depressed inpatientsDirk Hermans
Department of Psychology, University of Leuven, Tiensestraat 102, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 42:775-89. 2004..The results are discussed in the context of a functional hypothesis about the developmental relations between memory specificity, trauma and depression...
- Hyperactivity in anorexia nervosa: a case study using experience sampling methodologyKristof Vansteelandt
Department of Psychology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eat Behav 5:67-74. 2004..In this patient, obsessions and compulsions were not related to hyperactivity. The usefulness of ESM for studying the role of hyperactivity in AN is discussed...
- Frequency and impact of patient suicide on psychiatric traineesGuido Pieters
Behavior Therapy Department, University Center St Jozef, Leuvensesteenweg 517, 3070, Kortenberg, Belgium
Eur Psychiatry 18:345-9. 2003..Only a small minority of trainees has received adequate training on procedures to follow after patient suicide...
- Reality monitoring and metacognitive beliefs related to cognitive confidence in obsessive-compulsive disorderDirk Hermans
University of Leuven, Tiensestraat 102, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 41:383-401. 2003..The whole of these data do not support memory deficit models of OCD, but are in line with recent emphasis on the importance of memory confidence and other meta-cognitive beliefs in OCD...
- Physical activity correlates in persons with binge eating disorder: a systematic reviewDavy Vancampfort
Department of Neurosciences, University Psychiatric Center Catholic University of Leuven, Kortenberg, Belgium Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Eat Disord Rev 22:1-8. 2014..The only significant correlate with lower physical activity participation reported in more than one study was a negative body attitude. Further research is required to address this current gap in literature...
- Drive for thinness, affect regulation and physical activity in eating disorders: a daily life studyKristof Vansteelandt
Universitair Psychiatrisch Centrum Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuvensesteenweg 517, Kortenberg, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 45:1717-34. 2007..By using a daily process design, characteristics of physical activity were revealed that have not been identified with assessment methods that have a lower time resolution...
- Personality prototypes in eating disorders based on the Big Five modelLaurence Claes
Department of Psychology, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
J Pers Disord 20:401-16. 2006..Finally, cluster membership was not clearly associated with eating disorder subtypes, suggesting that there is considerable variance in personality features and/or pathology within the various eating disorder categories...
- Cognitive confidence in obsessive-compulsive disorder: distrusting perception, attention and memoryDirk Hermans
Department of Psychology, University of Leuven, Tiensestraat 102, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 46:98-113. 2008..In addition, it was observed that cognitive distrust while performing OCD-related actions not only extends to attention, but also to perception. It is argued that research on metacognition in OCD should move beyond the study of memory...
- Body composition in girls and young women with anorexia nervosa: comparison of different equationsMichel Probst
Department of Eating Disorders, University Psychiatric Center K U Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Eating Disorders Unit, Belgium
Int J Eat Disord 41:180-3. 2008..The weight percentage of body fat in anorexic adolescents on the basis of four distinct formulas (Siri; Lohman; Westrate and Deurenberg; Heyward and Stolarczyk) is compared...
- Is overgeneral autobiographical memory an isolated memory phenomenon in major depression?Filip Raes
University of Leuven, Belgium
Memory 14:584-94. 2006..Furthermore, in line with Ramponi et al. (2004), rumination was found to be related to both overgeneral AM and poor source memory...
- Comparison of changes in physical self-concept, global self-esteem, depression and anxiety following two different psychomotor therapy programs in nonpsychotic psychiatric inpatientsJan Knapen
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Psychother Psychosom 74:353-61. 2005..The second objective was to study the relationship between changes in these variables...