Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Study rationale and design of OPTIMISE, a randomised controlled trial on the effect of benchmarking on quality of care in type 2 diabetes mellitusFrank Nobels
Endocrinologie, OLV Ziekenhuis, Moorselbaan 164, B 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:82. 2011..To investigate the effect of physician- and patient-specific feedback with benchmarking on the quality of care in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- The effects of orlistat on weight and on serum lipids in obese patients with hypercholesterolemia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre studyE Muls
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1713-21. 2001..Assessment of the effects of orlistat 120 mg three times daily vs placebo on weight loss and serum lipids in obese hypercholesterolemic patients...
- The efficacy of atorvastatin in treating patients with hypercholesterolaemia to target LDL-cholesterol goals: the LIPI-GOAL trialE Muls
Dienst Endocrinologie, Metabolisme en Voeding, Universitair Ziekenhuis Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 56:109-14. 2001....
- Clinical approaches to healthier diet modificationsE Muls
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, U Z Gasthuisberg, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 54:159-61. 1999..Recent investigations in diabetic patients are in favour of a modified fat diet. This has the advantage that in practice the possibilities for realizing a low saturated fat diet are increased...
- Study of differences in peripheral muscle strength of lean versus obese women: an allometric approachM Hulens
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:676-81. 2001..To investigate whether peripheral muscle strength is significantly different between lean and obese women controlled for age and physical activity, using an allometric approach...
- Exercise capacity in lean versus obese womenM Hulens
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Scand J Med Sci Sports 11:305-9. 2001..Moreover, at peak effort musculoskeletal pain was an important reason to end the test and not true leg fatigue. These findings are important when designing exercise programs for obese subjects...
- The effect of atorvastatin on postprandial lipaemia in overweight or obese women homozygous for apo E3G Vansant
Catholic University Leuven, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 56:149-54. 2001..To determine the effect of atorvastatin on postprandial lipaemia in overweight or obese women with the apoprotein (apo) E3/E3 genotype...
- Health-related quality of life in physically active and sedentary obese womenM Hulens
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Am J Hum Biol 14:777-85. 2002..However, it was not possible to determine if these favorable aspects of HRQL are the cause or the consequence of a higher PA level...
- Circulating oxidized LDL is a useful marker for identifying patients with coronary artery diseaseP Holvoet
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:844-8. 2001..Thus, circulating oxidized LDL is a sensitive marker of CAD. Addition of oxidized LDL to the established risk factors may improve cardiovascular risk prediction...
- Sequencing of the coding exons of the LRP1 and LDLR genes on individual DNA samples reveals novel mutations in both genesF Van Leuven
Experimental Genetics Group, Center for Human Genetics CME, Flemish Institute for Biotechnology, K U Leuven Campus Gasthuisberg O and N 06, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Atherosclerosis 154:567-77. 2001..In three individuals with a mutant LDLR gene a variant LRP1 allele was also present, but without direct, obvious clinical compound effects, indicating that the variant LRP1 alleles must, for the present, be considered polymorphisms...
- Predictors of 6-minute walk test results in lean, obese and morbidly obese womenM Hulens
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, UZ Gasthuisberg, Belgium
Scand J Med Sci Sports 13:98-105. 2003..Advice or programs aimed at increasing walking for exercise also need to address the conditions that interfere with walking, as well as perceived symptoms and walking difficulties in order to improve participation and compliance...
- [A Longitudinal study of body composition and basal metabolic rate during pregnancy in a black population of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (RDC)]R Mbungu Mwimba
Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Cliniques Universitaires de Kinshasa, République Démocratique du Congo RDC
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:699-704. 2007..A longitudinal study of body composition and basal metabolic rate during pregnancy in a black population of Kinshasa...
- Obesity in diabetic patients in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of CongoM A Mapatano
University of Kinshasa, School of Public Health, DRC
Acta Clin Belg 62:293-7. 2007..To assess the distribution of Mass Index (BMI) and the prevalence of obesity at the time of diagnosing diabetes in the primary health care network in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), from 1993 to 1999...
- The role of early hemodynamic impairment and disease duration on diabetic cardiomyopathy and hypertension in central Africans with atherosclerosisB Longo-Mbenza
Division of Cardiology, University of Kinshasa, B P 783, XI, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Congo
J Diabetes Complications 16:146-52. 2002..Impaired left ventricular function, as stroke volume decreases with increasing DBP, C-peptide, and microalbuminuria, precedes cardiomyopathy and congestive failure in African diabetics...