Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Isolated IgG3 deficiency in children: to treat or not to treat? Case presentation and review of the literatureIsabelle Meyts
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:544-50. 2006..The currently available literature on IgG3 deficiency is reviewed with specific emphasis on the peculiarities of the IgG3 subclass, the clinical relevance of IgG3 deficiency as well as the therapeutic options...
- Unusual and severe disease course in a child with ataxia-telangiectasiaIsabelle Meyts
University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Pediatric Department, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:330-3. 2003..At the age of 26 months she developed persistent fever, progressive lymphadenopathy and pulmonary nodular infiltrates, which were responsive to steroid therapy...
- Innate and adaptive interleukin-17-producing lymphocytes in chronic inflammatory lung disordersBart M Vanaudenaerde
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratory of Pneumology, Lung Transplantation Unit, 49 Herestraat, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:977-86. 2011..More importantly, the IL-17 system allows us to speculate on new therapeutic opportunities. Some results have been previously reported in an abstract...
- Human memory B lymphocyte subsets fulfill distinct roles in the anti-polysaccharide and anti-protein immune responseLeen Moens
Experimental Laboratory Medicine, Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences, Group Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium
J Immunol 181:5306-12. 2008..pneumoniae or soluble pneumococcal capsular polysaccharides. In conclusion, our findings provide evidence for a versatile role of IgM memory B cells in T-independent and T-dependent immune responses...
- Selective nasal allergen provocation induces substance P-mediated bronchial hyperresponsivenessGreet Hens
University Hospital Leuven, Division of Otorhinolaryngology, Kapucijnevoer 33, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:517-23. 2011..Nasal allergen provocation rapidly induces bronchial hyperresponsiveness via pulmonary up-regulation of SP and activation of NK1 receptors...
- Laboratory diagnosis of specific antibody deficiency to pneumococcal capsular polysaccharide antigens by multiplexed bead assayHeleen Borgers
Experimental Laboratory Medicine, Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences, Biomedical Sciences Group, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Immunol 134:198-205. 2010..The XMAP pneumococcal immunity panel appears useful for identifying individuals with a low response to the unconjugated pneumococcal vaccine...
- Exhaled nitric oxide corresponds with office evaluation of asthma controlIsabelle Meyts
Pediatric Pulmonology Department, University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pediatr Pulmonol 36:283-9. 2003..These results suggest that ENO measurements may be useful for monitoring asthma patients...
- Neuromyelitis optica-IgG+ optic neuritis associated with celiac disease and dysgammaglobulinemia: a role for tacrolimus?Isabelle Meyts
Pediatric Immune Deficiencies, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 15:265-7. 2011..Treatment with tacrolimus was successful in preventing disease relapses. This case stresses the relevance of central nervous system anti-aquaporin-4 auto-immunity in a broader context of immune dysregulation and neuro-immunology...
- Coprescription of antibiotics and asthma drugs in childrenKris De Boeck
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Pediatrics 127:1022-6. 2011..In children, antibiotics as well as asthma drugs are frequently prescribed. We investigated the effects of the codispensing of antibiotics and asthma drugs to children...
- Macrolide therapy targets a specific phenotype in respiratory medicine: from clinical experience to basic science and backBart M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratory of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 7:279-87. 2008....
- IL-12 contributes to allergen-induced airway inflammation in experimental asthmaIsabelle Meyts
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, University Hospitals, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Immunol 177:6460-70. 2006..IFN-gamma-producing cells or cells dependent on IFN-gamma activity, play a major role in this unexpected proinflammatory effect of IL-12 in allergic airway disease...
- Tidal off-line exhaled nitric oxide measurements in a pre-school populationIsabelle Meyts
Paediatric Pulmonology Department, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 162:506-10. 2003..With this method, higher tidal exhaled nitric oxide levels were found in children with recurrent wheezing...
- Determination of IgG subclasses: a need for standardizationXavier Bossuyt
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:872-4. 2005