Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Maternal obesity: pregnancy complications, gestational weight gain and nutritionI Guelinckx
Department of Nutrition and Health Preventive Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Rev 9:140-50. 2008..This review aims to summarize the complications associated with maternal prepregnancy overweight and obesity and to discuss possible strategies to improve the lifestyle habits of pregnant women...
- Maternal and neonatal outcome after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: a systematic reviewL Vrebosch
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery, KU Leuven, UZ Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Surg 22:1568-79. 2012..However, further research is needed and pregnant women with a gastric band should always be closely monitored by a multidisciplinary team...
- Construction of weight gain charts in a low-risk obstetric Belgian populationI Guelinckx
Department of Clinical Nutrition Preventive Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium isabelle guelinckx med kuleuven be
Gynecol Obstet Invest 69:57-61. 2010..To generate reference charts for weight gain during pregnancy for the different BMI categories (underweight, normal weight, overweight, obesity), based on recent data in a homogeneous, Caucasian, low-risk obstetric population...
- Lifestyle after bariatric surgery: a multicenter, prospective cohort study in pregnant womenI Guelinckx
Department of Nutrition Public Health Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Surg 22:1456-64. 2012..The aim of this prospective multicenter trial was to compare diet quality and physical activity (PA) of pregnant women with bariatric surgery with current lifestyle recommendations...
- The influence of weight gain patterns in pregnancy on fetal growth using cluster analysis in an obese and nonobese populationS Galjaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:1416-22. 2013..Excessive weight gain during pregnancy has an important influence on fetal growth and on weight development in future generations...
- Cultural, socioeconomic and nutritional determinants of functional food consumption patternsP Mullie
Department of Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1290-6. 2009..The aim of our research was to describe cultural, socioeconomic and nutritional determinants associated with functional food consumption...
- The impact of obesity on female reproductive functionR Devlieger
Obes Rev 9:181-2; author reply 183. 2008