Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Maternal obesity: pregnancy complications, gestational weight gain and nutritionI Guelinckx
Department of Nutrition and Health Preventive Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Rev 9:140-50. 2008..This review aims to summarize the complications associated with maternal prepregnancy overweight and obesity and to discuss possible strategies to improve the lifestyle habits of pregnant women...
- Construction of weight gain charts in a low-risk obstetric Belgian populationI Guelinckx
Department of Clinical Nutrition Preventive Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium isabelle guelinckx med kuleuven be
Gynecol Obstet Invest 69:57-61. 2010..To generate reference charts for weight gain during pregnancy for the different BMI categories (underweight, normal weight, overweight, obesity), based on recent data in a homogeneous, Caucasian, low-risk obstetric population...
- Lifestyle after bariatric surgery: a multicenter, prospective cohort study in pregnant womenI Guelinckx
Department of Nutrition Public Health Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Surg 22:1456-64. 2012..The aim of this prospective multicenter trial was to compare diet quality and physical activity (PA) of pregnant women with bariatric surgery with current lifestyle recommendations...
- Maternal and neonatal outcome after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: a systematic reviewL Vrebosch
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery, KU Leuven, UZ Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Obes Surg 22:1568-79. 2012..However, further research is needed and pregnant women with a gastric band should always be closely monitored by a multidisciplinary team...
- Cultural, socioeconomic and nutritional determinants of functional food consumption patternsP Mullie
Department of Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1290-6. 2009..The aim of our research was to describe cultural, socioeconomic and nutritional determinants associated with functional food consumption...
- The impact of obesity on female reproductive functionR Devlieger
Obes Rev 9:181-2; author reply 183. 2008