Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Godderis L, Johannik K, Mylle G, Bulterys S, Moens G. Epidemiological and performance indicators for occupational health services: a feasibility study in Belgium. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:410 pubmed publisher..These findings could be used to build a data warehouse to study national health and safety profiles and to develop a uniform report for all European countries. ..
- Bakusic J, Schaufeli W, Claes S, Godderis L. Stress, burnout and depression: A systematic review on DNA methylation mechanisms. J Psychosom Res. 2017;92:34-44 pubmed publisher..Additional, thoroughly designed longitudinal studies are necessary for revealing the cause-effect relationship of work stress, epigenetics and burnout, including its overlap with depression. ..
- Ghosh M, Öner D, Duca R, Cokic S, Seys S, Kerkhofs S, et al. Cyto-genotoxic and DNA methylation changes induced by different crystal phases of TiO2-np in bronchial epithelial (16-HBE) cells. Mutat Res. 2017;796:1-12 pubmed publisher..And hence for complete characterization of nanoparticle toxicity, epigenetic studies should be performed along with conventional toxicity testing methods. ..
- Pauwels S, Duca R, Devlieger R, Freson K, Straetmans D, van Herck E, et al. Maternal Methyl-Group Donor Intake and Global DNA (Hydroxy)Methylation before and during Pregnancy. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..To conclude, a time trend in DNA (hydroxy)methylation was found and women with higher methyl-group intake showed higher methylation in the third trimester, and not in earlier phases of pregnancy. ..
- Ghosh M, Godderis L. Genotoxicity of ethylene oxide: A review of micronucleus assay results in human population. Mutat Res. 2016;770:84-91 pubmed publisher....
- Godderis L, Aka P, Mateuca R, Kirsch Volders M, Lison D, Veulemans H. Dose-dependent influence of genetic polymorphisms on DNA damage induced by styrene oxide, ethylene oxide and gamma-radiation. Toxicology. 2006;219:220-9 pubmed..The influence of hOGG1326 on TL was borderline dose-dependent. We conclude that the influence of genetic polymorphisms of enzymes involved in DNA repair on induced genotoxicity depends on exposure dose. ..
- Godderis L, De Raedt K, Tabish A, Poels K, Maertens N, De Ruyck K, et al. Epigenetic changes in lymphocytes of solvent-exposed individuals. Epigenomics. 2012;4:269-77 pubmed publisher..POPULATION & METHODS: A cross-sectional study was set up in 41 referents, 128 solvent workers and 23 CTE patients...
- Godderis L, Thomas R, Hubbard A, Tabish A, Hoet P, Zhang L, et al. Effect of chemical mutagens and carcinogens on gene expression profiles in human TK6 cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39205 pubmed publisher..Our findings expand our understanding of the transcriptomic response to genotoxic carcinogens, revealing the alteration of diverse sets of genes and pathways involved in cellular homeostasis and cell cycle control. ..