Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Prediction of cancer outcome using DNA microarray technology: past, present and futureOlivier Gevaert
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD SISTA, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, 3001 Leuven, Belgium 32 16 328646 32 16 32
Expert Opin Med Diagn 3:157-65. 2009....
- Expression profiling to predict the clinical behaviour of ovarian cancer fails independent evaluationOlivier Gevaert
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD SISTA, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Cancer 8:18. 2008..92% accuracy using leave-one-out cross validation techniques in combination with Least Squares Support Vector Machines (LS-SVMs)...
- Predicting the outcome of pregnancies of unknown location: Bayesian networks with expert prior information compared to logistic regressionO Gevaert
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg, Leuven, Belgium, and Early Pregnancy, Gynecology Ultrasound and MAS Unit, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Hum Reprod 21:1824-31. 2006..Some of these women will have an ectopic pregnancy (EP), and it is this group in the PUL population that poses the greatest concern. The aim of this study was to develop Bayesian networks to predict EPs in the PUL population...
- Predicting the prognosis of breast cancer by integrating clinical and microarray data with Bayesian networksOlivier Gevaert
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Bioinformatics 22:e184-90. 2006..Therefore Bayesian networks automatically perform feature selection by identifying the (in)dependency relationships with the class variable...
- A framework for elucidating regulatory networks based on prior information and expression dataOlivier Gevaert
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1115:240-8. 2007..Moreover this approach can easily be extended with other data sources. In such a way Bayesian networks provide a powerful framework for data integration and regulatory network modeling...
- A taxonomy of epithelial human cancer and their metastasesOlivier Gevaert
Bioinformatics, Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
BMC Med Genomics 2:69. 2009..Additionally, it has not yet been extensively investigated whether metastases resemble their tissue of origin or tissue of destination...
- Evaluation of endometrial biomarkers for semi-invasive diagnosis of endometriosisCleophas M Kyama
Leuven University Fertility Center, and Experimental Gynecology Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Fertil Steril 95:1338-43.e1-3. 2011....
- Integration of clinical and microarray data with kernel methodsAnneleen Daemen
ESAT, Department of Electrical Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5411-5. 2007....
- Recurrent copy number alterations in BRCA1-mutated ovarian tumors alter biological pathwaysKarin Leunen
Division of Gynecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Hum Mutat 30:1693-702. 2009..Moreover, important biological pathways are altered differentially when compared to the sporadic group...
- Molecular response to cetuximab and efficacy of preoperative cetuximab-based chemoradiation in rectal cancerAnnelies Debucquoy
Lab of Experimental Radiotherapy, Department of Radiation Oncology, CDG Building, Box 815, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 27:2751-7. 2009....
- Improved microarray-based decision support with graph encoded interactome dataAnneleen Daemen
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 5:e10225. 2010..Moreover, this strategy can be incorporated in any kernel method or non-linear version of a non-kernel method...
- A kernel-based integration of genome-wide data for clinical decision supportAnneleen Daemen
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Genome Med 1:39. 2009..We acknowledge that, in a first phase, this will substantially increase costs; however, this is a necessary investment to ultimately obtain cost-efficient models usable in patient tailored therapy...
- TRIzol treatment of secretory phase endometrium allows combined proteomic and mRNA microarray analysis of the same sample in women with and without endometriosisAmelie Fassbender
Leuven University Fertility Centre, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:123. 2010....
- Diagnostic accuracy of varying discriminatory zones for the prediction of ectopic pregnancy in women with a pregnancy of unknown locationG Condous
Early Pregnancy, Gynaecological Ultrasound and Minimal Access Surgery Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:770-5. 2005..We evaluated the diagnostic accuracy of discriminatory zones for serum hCG levels of > 1000 IU/L, 1500 IU/L and 2000 IU/L for the detection of ectopic pregnancy in such women...
- Methylation of PITX2, HOXD3, RASSF1 and TDRD1 predicts biochemical recurrence in high-risk prostate cancerKirill Litovkin
Laboratory of Biosignaling and Therapeutics, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 140:1849-61. 2014..To explore differential methylation of HAAO, HOXD3, LGALS3, PITX2, RASSF1 and TDRD1 as a molecular tool to predict biochemical recurrence (BCR) in patients with high-risk prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Atypical neurofibromas in neurofibromatosis type 1 are premalignant tumorsEline Beert
Department of Human Genetics, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:1021-32. 2011..These data support the hypothesis that atypical neurofibromas are premalignant tumors, with the CDKN2A/B deletion as the first step in the progression toward MPNST...
- Molecular profiling of platinum resistant ovarian cancer: use of the model in clinical practiceOlivier Gevaert
Int J Cancer 119:1511; author reply 1512. 2006