Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Molecular identification of wheat endoxylanase inhibitor TAXI-I1, member of a new class of plant proteinsKatleen Fierens
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
FEBS Lett 540:259-63. 2003..Our data indicate that TAXI-I belongs to a newly identified class of plant proteins for which a molecular function as glycoside hydrolase inhibitor can now be suggested...
- High-level expression, purification, and characterization of recombinant wheat xylanase inhibitor TAXI-I secreted by the yeast Pichia pastorisKatleen Fierens
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B 3001 Louvain, Belgium
Protein Expr Purif 37:39-46. 2004..The present results show that xylanase inhibition activity of TAXI-I is only affected to a limited degree by its glycosylation or proteolytic processing...
- His374 of wheat endoxylanase inhibitor TAXI-I stabilizes complex formation with glycoside hydrolase family 11 endoxylanasesKatleen Fierens
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Leuven, Belgium
FEBS J 272:5872-82. 2005..In addition, the results show that His374 plays a critical role in the stabilization of the endoxylanase-TAXI-I complex rather than in the docking of inhibitor onto enzyme...
- Molecular identification of wheat endoxylanase inhibitor TAXI-II and the determinants of its inhibition specificityGert Raedschelders
Laboratory of Gene Technology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 21, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:512-22. 2005..These results show that TAXI-II inhibition specificity bears on the identity of two key residues at positions 294 and 376, which are involved in the interaction at the -2 glycon subsite and the active site of GHF 11, respectively...
- Properties of TAXI-type endoxylanase inhibitorsKurt Gebruers
KU Leuven, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B 3001 Louvain, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1696:213-21. 2004....
- Targeted molecular engineering of a family 11 endoxylanase to decrease its sensitivity towards Triticum aestivum endoxylanase inhibitor typesTine M Bourgois
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratory of Gene Technology, Kasteelpark Arenberg 21, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Biotechnol 130:95-105. 2007..Variants from the second strategy showed altered inhibitor sensitivities concomitant with changes in enzyme activities and allowed to gain insight in the binding-mode of both TAXI-I and TAXI-II with BSXY...