Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Impaired tolerance for glucose in women with recurrent vaginal candidiasisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:989-93. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine whether nondiabetic women with recurrent vaginal candidiasis have an impaired glucose metabolism...
- Comparison of two types of dipsticks to measure vaginal pH in clinical practiceGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 134:220-4. 2007..To assess the practical use of two dispsticks for measuring vaginal pH with a range 4-7 (Merck and Macherey Nagel in the diagnosis of vaginal infections...
- Characteristics of the pain observed in the focal vulvodynia syndrome (VVS)Gilbert Donders
Femicare, Vzw Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
Med Hypotheses 78:11-4. 2012..Hence disease with bi-focal disease may have a different ethiopathogenesis that 4-focal disease. Glands of Bartholin and Skene may be involved in this pathogenenis...
- A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of rifaximin for the treatment of bacterial vaginosisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Regional Hospital Heilig Hart, Tienen and University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 120:131-6. 2013..To compare efficacy and tolerability between different regimens of rifaximin vaginal tablets and a placebo for treatment of bacterial vaginosis...
- Cream with cutaneous fibroblast lysate for the treatment of provoked vestibulodynia: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled crossover studyGilbert G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Regional Hospital Heilig Hart, Tienen, Belgium
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:427-36. 2012..Is treatment of provoked localized vulvodynia with cutaneous lysate skin cream containing human cytokines effective?..
- Acceptance of self-testing for increased vaginal pH in different subsets of Ugandan womenG G G Donders
Department of Ob Gyn, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Int J STD AIDS 23:30-5. 2012..Our new method also allows diagnostic work-up by formal microscopy. Before commencing large-scale population screening, unexpected reactions of different subpopulations should be taken into account...
- Can vaginal pH be measured from the wet mount slide?G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 146:100-3. 2009..We also tested whether differences in accuracy were dependent on the sampling devices used or on the diagnosis of the vaginal infections...
- Self-elimination of risk factors for recurrent vaginal candidosisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Leuven, Belgium
Mycoses 54:39-45. 2011..Among these changes, lowering intake of sugars, preventing perineum humidity and stopping oral contraceptives were the most important...
- Diagnosis and management of bacterial vaginosis and other types of abnormal vaginal bacterial flora: a reviewGilbert Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Regional Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Obstet Gynecol Surv 65:462-73. 2010....
- The effect of antifungal treatment on the vaginal flora of women with vulvo-vaginal yeast infection with or without bacterial vaginosisG Donders
Clinical Research Center Femicare, Lombardstraat 28, 3300, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:59-63. 2011..Treatment with antifungals may have a beneficial effect on women with concurrent BV, but does not prevent BV from occurring in BV-negative women with Candida vaginitis...
- Easiness of use and validity testing of VS-SENSE device for detection of abnormal vaginal flora and bacterial vaginosisGilbert G G Donders
Femicare Clinical Research for Women, Lombardstraat 28, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2010:504972. 2010..Only one case with normal pH had an unclear result. Concluding, VS-SENSE test is easy to perform, and it correlates with increased pH, AVF, and the severe cases of BV and AV...
- Vaginal flora changes on Pap smears after insertion of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine deviceGilbert G G Donders
Femicare vzw, Clinical Research for Women, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Contraception 83:352-6. 2011..Its influence on the rate of vulvovaginal infections and flora disturbance is insufficiently known, but important for contraceptive advice in women, especially those who develop recurrent vaginosis or Candida vulvovaginitis...
- Age of sexual debut and central introital dyspareuniaGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 158:90-2. 2011..Analysis of characteristics of patients with introital central dyspareunia. Is late coitarche (age at first sexual intercourse) a risk factor for introital dyspareunia?..
- Predictive value for preterm birth of abnormal vaginal flora, bacterial vaginosis and aerobic vaginitis during the first trimester of pregnancyG G Donders
Femicare vzw, Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
BJOG 116:1315-24. 2009..Abnormal vaginal flora (AVF) before 14 gestational weeks is a risk factor for preterm birth (PTB). The presence of aerobic microorganisms and an inflammatory response in the vagina may also be important risk factors...
- Variability in diagnosis of clue cells, lactobacillary grading and white blood cells in vaginal wet smears with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopyG G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:109-12. 2009..Study the reproducibility of wet smear interpretation of clue cells, lactobacillary grades and leukocyte dominance with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopy...
- Change in knowledge of women about cervix cancer, human papilloma virus (HPV) and HPV vaccination due to introduction of HPV vaccinesGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the H Hart Hospital, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:93-5. 2009..Test knowledge of HPV, cervix cancer awareness and acceptance of HPV vaccination of women now and a year ago...
- Vaginal cytokines in normal pregnancyGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 45, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1433-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the vaginal cytokine concentration varies during the course of uncomplicated pregnancy...
- Management of genital infections in pregnant womenGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, and Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tienen, Belgium
Curr Opin Infect Dis 19:55-61. 2006..To examine and evaluate ways of managing genital infections in pregnant women...
- Definition and classification of abnormal vaginal floraGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Algemeen Ziekenhuis Heilig Hart, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:355-73. 2007..Future research should focus on the interaction between infecting microorganisms and host defence mechanisms, as both together generate the pathogenicity of these conditions...
- Knowledge of cervix cancer, human papilloma virus (HPV) and HPV vaccination at the moment of introduction of the vaccine in women in BelgiumGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, H Hart Hospital, Tienen, Belgium
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:291-8. 2008..To test the knowledge of women, attending a gynecology clinic, on HPV, cervix cancer awareness and the knowledge and willingness to use HPV vaccine for themselves or their children...
- Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism and resistance to therapy in women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasisG G G Donders
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, H Hart Hospital Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
BJOG 115:1225-31. 2008..Women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVC) due to a polymorphism in codon 54 of the MBL2 gene respond better to fluconazole maintenance therapy than do women with other underlying causes...
- Efficacy of a single oral dose of 200 mg pramiconazole in vulvovaginal yeast infections: an exploratory phase IIa trialGilbert Donders
Clinical Center Femicare, Tienen, Belgium
Acta Derm Venereol 88:462-6. 2008....
- Individualized decreasing-dose maintenance fluconazole regimen for recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (ReCiDiF trial)Gilbert Donders
Femicare vzw, Tienen, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:613.e1-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to demonstrate the efficacy and safety of an individualized, degressive, prophylactic regimen in 136 women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Placental histological inflammation and reproductive tract infections in a low risk pregnant population in LatviaDace Rezeberga
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Riga Stradins University, Latvia, Belgium
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:360-5. 2008..To investigate the correlation of reproductive tract infections (RTI) and endogenous vaginal flora at first antenatal consultation with placental histological inflammation...
- Dynamics of vaginal bacterial communities in women developing bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, or no infection, analyzed by PCR-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and real-time PCRBeatrice Vitali
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CIRB Center for Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5731-41. 2007....