Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- High-dose acetylcysteine in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisMaurits Demedts
University Hospital, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
N Engl J Med 353:2229-42. 2005..Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a chronic progressive disorder with a poor prognosis...
- Effect of obesity and/or sleep apnea on chemosensitivity: differences between men and womenBertien Buyse
Department of Pulmonology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 134:13-22. 2003..05) and P(0.1) HR 273 (P<0.05) % predicted. In obese men (without or with OSA) HCR and HR values were similar to our reference values...
- Interstitial lung diseases: characteristics at diagnosis and mortality risk assessmentMichiel J Thomeer
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, Afdeling Longziekten, Herestraat 49, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
Respir Med 98:567-73. 2004..A Cox regression analysis showed that type of ILD, FVC, age at diagnosis and % of macrophages in BALF predict outcome of patients affected by ILD...
- Clinical-radiological presentation and outcome of surgically treated pulmonary carcinoid tumours: a long-term single institution experienceLiesbet Schrevens
Respiratory Oncology Unit (Pulmonology, Leuven Lung Cancer Group, Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium
Lung Cancer 43:39-45. 2004..Long-term survival was excellent, nodal status and pathology (typical/atypical) were independent prognostic factors...
- Can subjective asthma symptoms be learned?Steven De Peuter
Department of Psychology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Psychosom Med 67:454-61. 2005..We investigated whether perception of subjective asthma symptoms can be brought under control of biomedically irrelevant cues in the environment, i.e., whether subjective asthma symptoms can be learned in response to harmless stimuli...
- Effect of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase on vascular reactivity of rat isolated pulmonary arteriesLeifu Jiang
Department of Pneumology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 452:213-21. 2006..eNOS seems as efficient as iNOS in regulating pulmonary vascular tone...
- Differentiation between the sensory and affective aspects of histamine-induced bronchoconstriction in asthmaSteven De Peuter
Research Group for Stress, Health and Well Being, Psychology Department, University of Leuven, Tiensestraat 102, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Respir Med 101:925-32. 2007..The differentiation between sensory and affective components of dyspnea adds to the understanding of respiratory symptom perception in asthma...
- A new missense mutation in the CASR gene in familial interstitial lung disease with hypocalciuric hypercalcemia and defective granulocyte functionMaurits Demedts
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:558-9. 2008