Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Impact of external resistance and maximal effort on force-velocity characteristics of the knee extensors during strengthening exercise: a randomized controlled experimentEvelien Van Roie
Department of Kinesiology, Physical Activity, Sports and Health Research Group, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Strength Cond Res 27:1118-27. 2013..Thus, LOmax may not be considered as a replacement for HImax but rather as an alternative with different training-specific adaptations...
- Dietary factors associated with obesity indicators and level of sports participation in Flemish adults: a cross-sectional studyNathalie Duvigneaud
Department of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussel, Belgium
Nutr J 6:26. 2007....
- Effects of whole body vibration training on muscle strength and sprint performance in sprint-trained athletesC Delecluse
Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics Laboratory, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Department of Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Sports Med 26:662-8. 2005..05) in either group. In conclusion, this specific Whole Body Vibration protocol of 5 weeks had no surplus value upon the conventional training program to improve speed-strength performance in sprint-trained athletes...
- Influence of strength training on sprint running performance. Current findings and implications for trainingC Delecluse
Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Sports Med 24:147-56. 1997..To achieve this they must take into consideration the specific strength training demands of each individual, based on performance capacity in each specific phase of the sprint...
- Effects of 24 weeks of whole body vibration training on body composition and muscle strength in untrained femalesM Roelants
Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics Laboratory, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Department of Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Sports Med 25:1-5. 2004..The gain in strength is comparable to the strength increase following a standard fitness training program consisting of cardiovascular and resistance training...
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene are associated with muscle strength in men and womenA Windelinckx
Research Center for Exercise and Health, Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3001, Leuven, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 18:1235-42. 2007..Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms have been associated with fracture risk and muscle strength, although evidence for the latter is limited and conflicting...
- Relationship of obesity with physical activity, aerobic fitness and muscle strength in Flemish adultsN Duvigneaud
Department of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussel, Belgium
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 48:201-10. 2008....