V A Cornelissen
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Endurance exercise beneficially affects ambulatory blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysisVéronique A Cornelissen
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Research Center for Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Hypertens 31:639-48. 2013..7 mmHg, 95% CI, -3.9 to -1.5). No effect was observed on night-time BP. The findings from this meta-analysis suggest that aerobic endurance exercise significantly decreases daytime, but not night-time, ambulatory BP...
- Reliability and validity of the ultrasound technique to measure the rectus femoris muscle diameter in older CAD-patientsTom Thomaes
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
BMC Med Imaging 12:7. 2012....
- Heart rate variability after heart transplantation: a 10-year longitudinal follow-up studyVéronique A Cornelissen
Research Centre for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Leuven, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Cardiol 59:220-4. 2012..Our aim was to test this hypothesis by examining HRV in long-term longitudinal follow-up study of HTx recipients...
- A genetic predisposition score for muscular endophenotypes predicts the increase in aerobic power after training: the CAREGENE studyTom Thomaes
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
BMC Genet 12:84. 2011..Muscular endophenotypes are positively correlated with aerobic capacity, therefore, we tested the association of polymorphisms in twelve muscular related genes on aerobic capacity and its response to endurance training...
- Effect of endurance training on blood pressure regulation, biomarkers and the heart in subjects at a higher ageV A Cornelissen
Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Department of Cardiovascular, Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Leuven, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Scand J Med Sci Sports 21:526-34. 2011..Our results suggest that the BP reduction observed appears to be due to a decrease in systemic vascular resistance; training intensity does not significantly affect the results on mechanisms, biomarkers and the heart...
- Impact of resistance training on blood pressure and other cardiovascular risk factors: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trialsVéronique A Cornelissen
Research Centre for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Movement and Rehabilitation Sciences, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hypertension 58:950-8. 2011..However, given the small amount of isometric studies available, additional studies are warranted to confirm this finding...
- Effects of aerobic training intensity on resting, exercise and post-exercise blood pressure, heart rate and heart-rate variabilityV A Cornelissen
Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Leuven, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Hum Hypertens 24:175-82. 2010....
- Effect of creatine supplementation as a potential adjuvant therapy to exercise training in cardiac patients: a randomized controlled trialV A Cornelissen
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Rehabil 24:988-99. 2010..To investigate the effect of oral creatine supplementation in conjunction with an exercise programme on physical fitness in patients with coronary artery disease or chronic heart failure...