Gunnar M Buyse
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Idebenone treatment in Friedreich's ataxia: neurological, cardiac, and biochemical monitoringG Buyse
Department of Pediatric Neurology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Neurology 60:1679-81. 2003..Idebenone reduced erythrocyte protoporphyrin IX levels in five of six patients with elevated baseline levels; however, changes did not consistently relate to cardiac improvement...
- CINRG pilot trial of oxatomide in steroid-naïve Duchenne muscular dystrophyGunnar M Buyse
University Hospitals KU Leuven, Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 11:337-40. 2007..A modest mitigation of strength deterioration over time cannot be excluded...
- Effects of glucocorticoids and idebenone on respiratory function in patients with duchenne muscular dystrophyGunnar M Buyse
Department of Child Neurology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Pediatr Pulmonol 48:912-20. 2013..The impact of standard care glucocorticoids on respiratory function will have to be considered in the planning of future interventional trials in DMD...
- Idebenone as a novel, therapeutic approach for Duchenne muscular dystrophy: results from a 12 month, double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trialGunnar M Buyse
Child Neurology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Neuromuscul Disord 21:396-405. 2011..042 for PEF percent predicted). Limitations of this study were the small sample size, and a skewed age distribution between treatment groups. Data from this study provided the basis for the planning of a confirmatory study...
- Regulated granule trafficking in platelets and neurons: a common molecular machineryChristophe Goubau
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 17:117-25. 2013..This review provides evidence that platelet research can be expanded from traditional studies of isolated thrombopathies to the field of neuropathologies that include a platelet secretion defect...
- Long-term blinded placebo-controlled study of SNT-MC17/idebenone in the dystrophin deficient mdx mouse: cardiac protection and improved exercise performanceGunnar M Buyse
Department of Pediatric Neurology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 30:116-24. 2009..We have performed such a trial of SNT-MC17/idebenone in the mdx mouse model of DMD, based on the drug's potential to improve mitochondrial respiratory chain function and reduce oxidative stress...
- Homozygosity for aquaporin 7 G264V in three unrelated children with hyperglyceroluria and a mild platelet secretion defectChristophe Goubau
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Genet Med 15:55-63. 2013..AQP7-deficient mice develop obesity, insulin resistance, and hyperglyceroluria. However, AQP7's pathophysiologic role in humans is not yet known...