Pieter R Adriaens
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- The evolution of a social construction: the case of male homosexualityPieter R Adriaens
Institute of Philosophy, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Perspect Biol Med 49:570-85. 2006..Understanding male homosexuality as an evolutionary social construction can help us move beyond the traditionally polarized debate between evolutionary psychologists and social constructionists...
- Why we essentialize mental disordersPieter R Adriaens
University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Med Philos 38:107-27. 2013..As such, the question regarding why we essentialize mental disorders is a salient example of how cultural trends zero in on natural tendencies, and vice versa, and how both can boost each other...
- Debunking evolutionary psychiatry's schizophrenia paradoxPieter R Adriaens
Research Foundation Flanders FWO and Institute of Philosophy, University of Leuven, Blijde Inkomststraat 13, 02 11, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Med Hypotheses 70:1215-22. 2008..Therefore, schizophrenia, as we now know it, simply does not have an evolutionary history...
- The evolutionary turn in psychiatry: a historical overviewPieter R Adriaens
Institute of Philosophy, University of Leuven, Kardinaal Mercierplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Hist Psychiatry 21:131-43. 2010..We conclude with an attempt to distinguish three underlying motives in asking evolutionary questions about mental disorders...
- Pathologizing sexual deviance: a historyAndreas De Block
Institute of Philosophy, University of Leuven, Belgium
J Sex Res 50:276-98. 2013....