Affiliation: Institut Jules Bordet
- Strasser Weippl K, Horick N, Smith I, O Shaughnessy J, Ejlertsen B, Boyle F, et al. Long-term hazard of recurrence in HER2+ breast cancer patients untreated with anti-HER2 therapy. Breast Cancer Res. 2015;17:56 pubmed publisher..The event rates shown for subpopulations of HER2+ BC patients suggest that in resource-constrained environments patients with HER2+â€‰HR- early BC should be prioritized for consideration of adjuvant anti-HER2 therapy. ..
- Zardavas D, Piccart M. Neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Annu Rev Med. 2015;66:31-48 pubmed publisher..Additionally, efforts for molecular profiling of the post-neoadjuvant residual disease hold the potential to lead to personalized therapy for breast cancer patients with early-stage high-risk disease. ..
- Zardavas D, Fouad T, Piccart M. Optimal adjuvant treatment for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer in 2015. Breast. 2015;24 Suppl 2:S143-8 pubmed publisher..In the era of personalized oncology, rigorous translational and clinical collaborative efforts are needed to further advance the field of treatment of patients with HER2-positive breast cancer. ..
- Tryfonidis K, Basaran G, Bogaerts J, Debled M, Dirix L, Théry J, et al. A European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre phase II trial of anastrozole in combination with gefitinib or placebo in hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer (NCT0006. Eur J Cancer. 2016;53:144-54 pubmed publisher..Gastrointestinal and skin toxicities were more pronounced with G resulting in premature therapy interruption in almost 1 in 3 patients (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00066378). ..
- Strasser Weippl K, Horick N, Smith I, O Shaughnessy J, Ejlertsen B, Boyle F, et al. Identification of early breast cancer patient cohorts who may benefit from lapatinib therapy. Eur J Cancer. 2016;56:85-92 pubmed publisher..NNT in HER2+ HR- patients are in range with those reported from up-front adjuvant trastuzumab trials. ..
- Hendlisz A, Golfinopoulos V, Deleporte A, Paesmans M, El Mansy H, Garcia C, et al. Erratum: preoperative chemosensitivity testing as predictor of treatment benefit in adjuvant stage III colon cancer (PePiTA): protocol of a prospective BGDO (Belgian Group for Digestive Oncology) multicentric study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:173 pubmed publisher
- Metzger Filho O, de Azambuja E, Procter M, Krieguer M, Smith I, Baselga J, et al. Trastuzumab re-treatment following adjuvant trastuzumab and the importance of distant disease-free interval: the HERA trial experience. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:127-32 pubmed publisher..We argue that prospective collection of treatment information beyond disease progression should be included in future clinical studies. ..
- Piccart Gebhart M. Adjuvant trastuzumab therapy for HER2-overexpressing breast cancer: what we know and what we still need to learn. Eur J Cancer. 2006;42:1715-9 pubmed
- Fumagalli D, Blanchet Cohen A, Brown D, Desmedt C, Gacquer D, Michiels S, et al. Transfer of clinically relevant gene expression signatures in breast cancer: from Affymetrix microarray to Illumina RNA-Sequencing technology. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:1008 pubmed publisher..According to our results, the vast majority of single gene biomarkers and well-established GES can be reliably evaluated using the RNA-Seq technology. ..
- Haibe Kains B, Desmedt C, Piette F, Buyse M, Cardoso F, van t Veer L, et al. Comparison of prognostic gene expression signatures for breast cancer. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:394 pubmed publisher..Despite the difference in development of these signatures and the limited overlap in gene identity, they showed similar prognostic performance, adding to the growing evidence that these prognostic signatures are of clinical relevance. ..
- Id Boufker H, Lagneaux L, Najar M, Piccart M, Ghanem G, Body J, et al. The Src inhibitor dasatinib accelerates the differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells into osteoblasts. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:298 pubmed publisher..Thus, dasatinib is a potentially interesting candidate drug for the treatment of osteolysis through its dual effect on bone metabolism. ..
- Piccart M, Sotiriou C, Cardoso F. New data on chemotherapy in the adjuvant setting. Breast. 2003;12:373-8 pubmed..The 3-year results of this trial strongly support concept 1; a longer follow-up and a confirmation study are desirable before recommending changes in routine patient care. ..
- Deliens C, Deliens G, Filleul O, Pepersack T, Awada A, Piccart M, et al. Drugs prescribed for patients hospitalized in a geriatric oncology unit: Potentially inappropriate medications and impact of a clinical pharmacist. J Geriatr Oncol. 2016;7:463-470 pubmed publisher..001). The use of START and STOPP criteria by a clinical pharmacist allows identifying PIMs and changing prescriptions for older patients with cancer in agreement with the oncologist and geriatrician of the team. ..
- Sonnenblick A, Pondé N, Piccart M. Metastatic breast cancer: The Odyssey of personalization. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:1147-59 pubmed publisher..New hopes in the form of ctDNA monitoring and functional imaging will be presented. ..