- Chromosomal patterns of gene expression from microarray data: methodology, validation and clinical relevance in gliomasFederico E Turkheimer
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience, Imperial College London, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 7:526. 2006....
- Clonal chromosome aberrations in Philadelphia-negative cells from chronic myelocytic leukemia patients treated with imatinib mesylate: report of two casesChristian Herens
Center for Human Genetics, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 147:78-80. 2003..The first patient presented with a duplication of chromosome 1, dup(1)(q21q42), and the second showed two new clonal aberrations consisting of inv(1)(q12q32) and del(7)(q22) in the same clone...
- Deletion of the 5'-ABL region: a recurrent anomaly detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization in about 10% of Philadelphia-positive chronic myeloid leukaemia patientsC Herens
Departments of Human Genetics, Biological Haematology and Clinical Haematology, University of Liege, CHU, Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Br J Haematol 110:214-6. 2000..This anomaly was observed in 5/51 cases (9.8%). Cytological and clinical data suggest that the 5'-ABL deletion may be associated with dysplastic features of polymorphonuclear cells and metamyelocytes and a short chronic phase duration...
- Deletion (6)(p22p25) is a recurrent anomaly of thymoma: report of a second case and review of the literatureChristian Herens
Department of Human Genetics, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie, B23 Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 146:66-9. 2003..Both patients presented with benign tumors. These data suggest that partial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 6 is a nonrandom change associated with benign thymomas...
- Translocation (16;17)(q22;p13) is a recurrent anomaly of aneurysmal bone cystsC Herens
Department of Human Genetics, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 127:83-4. 2001..1999) reported 2 cases of aneurysmal bone cysts with a recurrent (16;17)(q22;p13) translocation. We present here two additional cases harboring the same translocation as well as additional chromosomal changes...
- Malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura: report of a case with cytogenetic analysisLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, C H U Sart Tilman, Tour de Pathologie, B23, 1, 4000, Liege, Belgium
Virchows Arch 442:388-92. 2003..Demonstration of a recurrent abnormal karyotype largely supports its relevance to the malignant clone and suggests a role of supernumerary chromosome(s) 8 in the determinism of malignant behavior in SFT...
- Evidence for neo-generation of T cells by the thymus after non-myeloablative conditioningEmilie Castermans
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Haematologica 93:240-7. 2008..Background and objective. We investigated immune recovery in 50 patients given either unmanipulated or CD8-depleted allogeneic peripheral blood stem cells after non-myeloablative conditioning...
- Establishment and characterisation of two novel human KSHV- and EBV-negative Burkitt cell lines, GAL-01 and GAL-02, from a primary lymphomatous effusionCaroline Thielen
Department of Pathology, C H U of Liège, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 77:318-26. 2006..The in vivo effusion occurred in a very peculiar clinical setting; the patient having a previous history of intestinal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma...
- Deletions of the 3'BCR and 5'ABL regions in patients with Philadelphia-positive chronic myeloid leukemia: a one-step process occurring in about 10% of the cases without any evidence of genetic instability in the target cellsMickaël Fournier
Center for Human Genetics, University of Liege, CHU, Tour de Pathologie, B23, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 160:184-7. 2005..Moreover, the different genetic events (Philadelphia chromosome formation; 5'ABL and 3'BCR deletions) occur simultaneously in a one-step process without any evidence for genetic instability in the target bone marrow cells...
- Novel types of mutation responsible for the dermatosparactic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (Type VIIC) and common polymorphisms in the ADAMTS2 geneAlain Colige
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, GIGA Research Center, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 123:656-63. 2004..The three other patients with a phenotype with some resemblance to EDS type VIIC only had silent and functionally neutral variations also frequently found in a normal population...
- Low T-cell chimerism is not followed by graft rejection after nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation (NMSCT) with CD34-selected PBSCF Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:829-34. 2003..Further studies are needed to confirm this encouraging preliminary report...
- Major decrease in the incidence of trisomy 21 at birth in south Belgium: mass impact of triple test?A Verloes
Wallonia Centre for Human Genetics, Liege University, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 9:1-4. 2001....
- Systematic chromosomal aberrations found in murine bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsClaire Josse
Department of Human Genetics, Liege University, Liege, Belgium
Stem Cells Dev 19:1167-73. 2010..Therefore, we conclude that murine MSCs display high chromosomal instability and can generate tumors, and that care must be taken before using them for the evaluation of MSC therapeutic potential...
- A case of FIP1L1-PDGFRA-positive chronic eosinophilic leukemia with a rare FIP1L1 breakpointFrederic Lambert
Department of Human Genetics, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Genoproteomique Appliquee, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Mol Diagn 9:414-9. 2007..As targeted therapy with tyrosine kinase inhibitors has dramatically changed the prognosis of FIP1L1-PDGFRA (+) CEL, false-negative results could hamper accurate diagnosis and treatment...
- T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma associated with a near-tetraploid karyotype and complex genetic abnormalitiesLaurence de Leval
Department of Pathology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
APMIS 114:474-8. 2006....
- Patterns of genomic aberrations suggest that Burkitt lymphomas with complex karyotype are distinct from other aggressive B-cell lymphomas with MYC rearrangementViolaine Havelange
Center for Human Genetics, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:81-92. 2013..2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Combination of nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation and Imatinib in accelerated phase CMLFrederic Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Liege, Belgium
Haematologica 87:ECR43. 2002
- Refinement of 1p36 alterations not involving PRDM16 in myeloid and lymphoid malignanciesFrancois P Duhoux
Center for Human Genetics, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e26311. 2011..It is unclear how the latter rearrangements occurred and whether they represent oncogenic events or result from chromosomal instability during oncogenesis...
- Transmission of an undiagnosed sarcoma to recipients of kidney and liver grafts procured in a non-heart beating donorOlivier Detry
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Liver Transpl 11:696-9. 2005..The management of liver graft recipients is very difficult in this setting, and long-term survival was very rarely reported...
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma with t(6;14)(p25;q11.2) translocation presenting with massive splenomegalyJoan Somja
Department of Pathology, B35, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Virchows Arch 464:735-41. 2014..2) and supporting consideration of this translocation as a marker of biological aggressiveness. ..
- Abnormalities of the long arm of chromosome 21 in 107 patients with hematopoietic disorders: a collaborative retrospective study of the Groupe Français de Cytogénétique HématologiqueEric Jeandidier
Laboratoire de Genetique, Centre Hospitalier de Mulhouse, 20 rue du Docteur Laennec, BP130, 68070, Mulhouse Cedex, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 166:1-11. 2006..The findings invite further investigation of the 21q abnormalities to detect their associated molecular rearrangements...
- Subtle trisomy 12q24.3 and subtle monosomy 22q13.3: three new cases and reviewLaura Rodriguez
Estudio Colaborativo Español de Malformaciones Congénitas ECEMC del Centro de Investigación sobre Anomalías Congénitas CIAC, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Ministerio de Sanidad y Consumo, Madrid, Spain
Am J Med Genet A 122:119-24. 2003..A high resolution G-band karyotype also showed in Case II and III an abnormal chromosome 22, studied by FISH techniques which confirmed a der(22)t(12;22)(q24.3;q13.3) in both cases...
- Identification of cytogenetic subclasses and recurring chromosomal aberrations in AML and MDS with complex karyotypes using M-FISHHeidi Van Limbergen
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 33:60-72. 2002....
- PAX5/IGH rearrangement is a recurrent finding in a subset of aggressive B-NHL with complex chromosomal rearrangementsBruce Poppe
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 44:218-23. 2005..In addition, the recurrent incidence of this rearrangement in both HRTR-BCL (4 cases) and PTLD-DLBCL (2 cases) was previously unrecognized and is intriguing...
- High frequency of JAZF1-JJAZ1 gene fusion in endometrial stromal tumors with smooth muscle differentiation by interphase FISH detectionEsther Oliva
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1277-84. 2007..Our results indicate that the detection of this chromosomal abnormality can be used to diagnose ESTs with smooth muscle differentiation when the smooth muscle component is predominant...
- Expression analyses identify MLL as a prominent target of 11q23 amplification and support an etiologic role for MLL gain of function in myeloid malignanciesBruce Poppe
Centre for Medical Genetics, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
Blood 103:229-35. 2004..In addition, our results indicate that the transcriptional program associated with MLL rearrangements and MLL overexpression displays significant similarities...