- Secretory mucosal immune mechanismsV Godding
Experimental Medicine Unit, UCL St Luc, Brussel, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 54:255-61. 2000..While increased IgA and S-IgA production is reported in asthmatics, decreased SC production has been documented in CF and COPD patients, further impairing their local defense mechanisms...
- Early referral to cystic fibrosis specialist centre impacts on respiratory outcomeP Lebecque
St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Cyst Fibros 8:26-30. 2009..Published studies concerning the impact of specialist care on lung disease in cystic fibrosis remain limited and most are either biased due to comparison with historical controls and/or underpowered...
- Does in utero exposure to heavy maternal smoking induce nicotine withdrawal symptoms in neonates?Veronique Godding
Pediatric Pulmonology, Cliniques Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium
Pediatr Res 55:645-51. 2004..4; p = 0.007). Significant correlations were observed between markers of nicotine exposure and neurologic-and withdrawal scores. We conclude that withdrawal symptoms occur in newborns exposed to heavy maternal smoking during pregnancy...
- Reduced epithelial expression of secretory component in small airways correlates with airflow obstruction in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseC Pilette
Unit of Experimental Medicine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:185-94. 2001..002), but no correlation was observed with lung function tests. In conclusion, this study shows that reduced expression of SC in airway epithelium is associated with airflow obstruction and neutrophil infiltration in severe COPD...
- Towards zero prevalence of chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in children with cystic fibrosisPatrick Lebecque
Department of Pediatrics and Clinical Chemistry, St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Cyst Fibros 5:237-44. 2006..Data from the Belgian Cystic Fibrosis Registry consistently show that in one of the seven reference centres, the prevalence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is half that observed at the national level...
- A specific database for providing local and national level of integration of clinical data in cystic fibrosisT Leal
Clinical Chemistry, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Cyst Fibros 6:187-93. 2007..A complimentary copy of the software can be provided to multidisciplinary accredited CF centres worldwide upon request...
- Sweat potassium concentration may help to identify falsification of sweat test: a case reportA Leonard
Pediatric Pulmonology and Cystic Fibrosis Unit, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Biochem 41:1110-2. 2008....