Ans Van Ginckel
Affiliation: Ghent University
- Acute cartilage loading responses after an in vivo squatting exercise in people with doubtful to mild knee osteoarthritis: a case-control studyAns Van Ginckel
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Ghent University, Hospital Campus, 3B3, De Pintelaan 185, BE 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Phys Ther 93:1049-60. 2013..The effects of exercise on osteoarthritic cartilage remain elusive...
- Cartilage adaptation after anterior cruciate ligament injury and reconstruction: implications for clinical management and research? A systematic review of longitudinal MRI studiesA Van Ginckel
Fellowship Research Foundation, FWO Aspirant, Flanders, Brussels, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:1009-24. 2013..e., surgical vs non-surgical treatment)...
- Cartilage status in relation to return to sports after anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionAns Van Ginckel
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy, Ghent University Hospital Campus, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Sports Med 41:550-9. 2013..These joint conditions may not be able to adequately counter the imposed loads during sports...
- Intrinsic gait-related risk factors for Achilles tendinopathy in novice runners: a prospective studyAns Van Ginckel
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Ghent University, Belgium
Gait Posture 29:387-91. 2009....
- Human ankle cartilage deformation after different in vivo impact conditionsAns Van Ginckel
PhD fellow Research Foundation Flanders, Brussels, Belgium
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:137-43. 2011..017). These results suggest that talar cartilage endures substantial deformation during in vivo loading characterized by more deformation (i.e. higher volume change) after static than after dynamic loading...
- Functional adaptation of knee cartilage in asymptomatic female novice runners compared to sedentary controls. A longitudinal analysis using delayed Gadolinium Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cartilage (dGEMRIC)A Van Ginckel
PhD Fellowship Research Foundation Flanders Aspirant Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Vlaanderen, Brussels, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:1564-9. 2010..To longitudinally estimate the change in glycosaminoglycan content of knee cartilage in asymptomatic untrained female novice runners participating in a Start To Run program (STR) compared to sedentary controls...
- Effects of in vivo exercise on ankle cartilage deformation and recovery in healthy volunteers: an experimental studyA Van Ginckel
PhD Fellowship Research Foundation of Flanders FWO Aspirant, Brussels, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:1123-31. 2011..To monitor ankle cartilage 3D volume changes after in vivo exercise and during recovery...