Affiliation: Ghent University
- Human mast cells express leptin and leptin receptorsJasmien Taildeman
Department of Pathology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Block A, 5th Floor, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Histochem Cell Biol 131:703-11. 2009..Our results demonstrate the expression of leptin and leptin receptors on mast cells, suggesting paracrine and/or autocrine immunomodulatory effects of leptin on mast cells...
- Identification of the nasal mucosa as a new target for leptin actionJasmien Taildeman
Department of Pathology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Histopathology 56:789-98. 2010..Conclusions: Leptin receptors and their biological ligand leptin are expressed in the nasal mucosa, suggesting a possible role in upper airway immunology...
- Different types of tissue composition in inflammatory or reparative upper airway disordersLaurence De Coster
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Rhinology 50:393-401. 2012..The aim of this study was to systematically measure both the association patterns and the correlation degree between tissue composition parameters in UA inflammatory diseases...
- EGFR in melanoma: clinical significance and potential therapeutic targetBarbara Boone
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Cutan Pathol 38:492-502. 2011..Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis for EGFR gene expression in melanoma showed EGFR gene amplification to be linked with worse prognosis. Cetuximab has been shown to suppress the formation of metastasis in mice...
- Antitumor activity of the selective MDM2 antagonist nutlin-3 against chemoresistant neuroblastoma with wild-type p53Tom Van Maerken
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1562-74. 2009..Mutational inactivation of p53 is rare in neuroblastoma tumors at diagnosis and occurs in only a subset of multidrug-resistant neuroblastomas...