Affiliation: Ghent University
- Living with dementia from the perspective of older people: is it a positive story?Els Steeman
Faculty of Medicine, Centre for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Aging Ment Health 11:119-30. 2007..Our findings suggest, however, that we should look beyond this superficial view and seek to understand the narrative as an expression of one's attempt to counterbalance devaluation...
- Living with early-stage dementia: a review of qualitative studiesEls Steeman
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Adv Nurs 54:722-38. 2006..This paper presents a literature review whose aim was to provide better understanding of living with early-stage dementia...
- Mealtime care on a geriatric- psychiatric ward from the perspective of the caregivers: a qualitative case study designEls Bryon
Centre for Biomedical Ethics and Law, Catholic University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer, Leuven, Belgium
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:471-94. 2008..Nevertheless, they experience internal conflict when it comes to certain significant problem areas in their search for a balance between the functional-organizational approach and the patient-oriented approach...
- Empirical ethics in action: lessons from two empirical studies in nursing ethicsBernadette Dierckx de Casterle
Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Med Health Care Philos 7:31-9. 2004..The need for integration of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is argued...
- Implementation of discharge management for geriatric patients at risk of readmission or institutionalizationEls Steeman
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Qual Health Care 18:352-8. 2006..To evaluate whether implementation of discharge management by trained social workers or nurses reduces hospital readmissions and institutionalizations of geriatric patients in a real-world setting...