Affiliation: Ghent University
Location: Ghent, Belgium
- Discovery of DNA methylation markers in cervical cancer using relaxation rankingMaté Ongenaert
Laboratory for Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics BioBix, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Belgium
BMC Med Genomics 1:57. 2008..A strategy to combine and rank data from these different data sources is essential to minimize the experimental work in the validation steps...
- Proteins with an Euonymus lectin-like domain are ubiquitous in EmbryophytaElke Fouquaert
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Glycobiology, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
BMC Plant Biol 9:136. 2009..The distribution and the diversity of proteins with an Euonymus lectin (EUL) domain were investigated using detailed analysis of sequences in publicly accessible genome and transcriptome databases...
- Phylogenetic and specificity studies of two-domain GNA-related lectins: generation of multispecificity through domain duplication and divergent evolutionEls J M Van Damme
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Glycobiology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Biochem J 404:51-61. 2007....
- PubMeth: a cancer methylation database combining text-mining and expert annotationMaté Ongenaert
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Laboratory for Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D842-6. 2008..The summarized overview of the results is very useful in case more genes or cancer types are searched at the same time...
- Genome-wide promoter analysis uncovers portions of the cancer methylomeMohammad Obaidul Hoque
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 68:2661-70. 2008..Identification of a large number of genes with cancer-specific methylation provides new targets for diagnostic and therapeutic intervention, and opens fertile avenues for basic research in tumor biology...
- Critical evaluation of the use of bioinformatics as a theoretical tool to find high-potential sources of ACE inhibitory peptidesLieselot Vercruysse
Laboratory of Agrozoology, Department of Crop Protection, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Peptides 30:575-82. 2009..In conclusion, in food science, in silico analysis can be used as fast initial screening tool to look for high-potential sources of ACE inhibitory peptides and other peptidic bioactivities...
- The N-myc downstream regulated gene (NDRG) family: diverse functions, multiple applicationsVeerle Melotte
Department of Pathology, School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
FASEB J 24:4153-66. 2010..Finally, their role in disease and potential clinical applications (their role as detection or prognostic markers) are discussed...
- Epigenetic databases and computational methodologies in the analysis of epigenetic datasetsMaté Ongenaert
OncoMethylome Sciences, Liege, Belgium
Adv Genet 71:259-95. 2010..This demonstrates how a DNA-methylation dataset might look like and the different steps in a possible analysis strategy and how to interpret the results...
- Jasmonate response of the Nicotiana tabacum agglutinin promoter in Arabidopsis thalianaAnnelies Delporte
Ghent University, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Lab of Biochemistry and Glycobiology, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:843-51. 2011..These new jasmonate-responsive tobacco promoter sequences can be used as new tools in the study of jasmonate signalling related to plant development and defense...