Affiliation: Ghent University
- The adjuvant-like activity of staphylococcal enterotoxin B in a murine asthma model is independent of IL-1R signalingO Krysko
Upper Airway Research Laboratory, Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Allergy 68:446-53. 2013..We investigated this mechanism in a murine model of allergic airway inflammation induced by OVA (ovalbumin) in the presence of SEB...
- Impairment of phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and its role in chronic airway diseasesOlga Krysko
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Ghent University Hospital, UZ Gent, MRB, Belgium
Apoptosis 15:1137-46. 2010..Finally, we will address possible therapeutic strategies, such as the use of macrolide antibiotics and statins, for modulating apoptotic cell clearance...
- Alternatively activated macrophages and impaired phagocytosis of S. aureus in chronic rhinosinusitisO Krysko
The Upper Airway Research Laboratory, Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Allergy 66:396-403. 2011..Colonization by Staphylococcus aureus is increased in CRSwNP. We aimed to determine macrophage phenotypes in nasal mucosa of CRSwNP and CRSsNP and to examine phagocytosis of S. aureus in these pathologies...
- Different regulation of cigarette smoke induced inflammation in upper versus lower airwaysWouter Huvenne
Upper Airways Research Laboratory, ENT Department, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Belgium
Respir Res 11:100. 2010..We investigated and compared the effects of CS on upper and lower airways, in a mouse model of subacute and chronic CS exposure...
- Forkhead box protein 3 in human nasal polyp regulatory T cells is regulated by the protein suppressor of cytokine signaling 3Feng Lan
Division of Geriatrics, Center for Medical Stem Cell Biology, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China Upper Airways Research Laboratory, ENT Department, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Allergy Clin Immunol 132:1314-21. 2013..In patients with persistent upper airway inflammation, the number of forkhead box protein 3 (Foxp3)(+) regulatory T (Treg) cells is reduced, but the regulation of Foxp3 expression in Treg cells is poorly understood...
- Local inflammation in chronic upper airway diseaseLien Calus
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Curr Pharm Des 18:2336-46. 2012..Defining and predicting response to therapy in individual CRS patients is a challenge for future research...
- Exacerbation of cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary inflammation by Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin B in miceWouter Huvenne
Upper Airways Research Laboratory URL, ENT Department, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Respir Res 12:69. 2011..Colonization with Staphylococcus aureus results in release of virulent enterotoxins, with superantigen activity which causes T cell activation...
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 infection facilitates invasion of Staphylococcus aureus into the nasal mucosa and nasal polyp tissueXiangdong Wang
Upper Airways Research Laboratory, Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e39875. 2012..aureus are not clearly understood. The aim of this study was to investigate the interaction between S. aureus and herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) in the invasion of the nasal mucosa and nasal polyp tissue...
- Bone grafts engineered from human adipose-derived stem cells in dynamic 3D-environmentsHeidi A Declercq
Tissue Engineering Group, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185 6B3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Biomaterials 34:1004-17. 2013..This paper showed that high quality bone grafts (2 cm³) can be engineered in a bottom-up approach with cell-laden microcarriers...