Affiliation: Ghent University
- A single center's clinical experience with quadruple immunosuppression including ATG or IL2 antibodies and mycophenolate mofetil in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantsU J Hesse
Department of Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
Clin Transplant 14:340-4. 2000..Three patients were switched to tacrolimus instead of Neoral for CyA intolerance. The mean +/- SD cold ischemia time (CIT) of the organs was 10.1 +/- 2.4 h for the pancreas and 10.5 +/- 2.6 h for the kidney...
- Hepato-venous reconstruction in orthotopic liver transplantation with preservation of the recipients' inferior vena cava and veno-venous bypassU J Hesse
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Langenbecks Arch Surg 385:350-6. 2000....
- [Adjustable silicone gastric banding (ASGB, Bioenterics) and the Swedish adjustable gastric banding (SAGB, Obtech) in treatment of morbid obesity]U J Hesse
Department of Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgien
Chirurg 72:14-8. 2001..Two different adjustable silicone gastric bandings were laparoscopically applied and compared regarding per- and postoperative complications and successful weight loss...
- Role of somatostatin-14 and its analogues in the management of gastrointestinal fistulae: clinical dataU Hesse
Department of Surgery, Ghent University Hospitals, Heelkundige Kliniek, Universitair Ziekenhuis, Gent, Belgium
Gut 49:iv11-21. 2001....
- History of transplantation at the University Hospital of Ghent Belgium 1965-2002U J Hesse
Universitair Ziekenhuis Ghent, Gent, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 103:28-31. 2003
- Reduced incidence of acute renal graft failure in patients treated with peritoneal dialysis compared with hemodialysisR Vanholder
Renal Division, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Am J Kidney Dis 33:934-40. 1999..This study shows that immediate renal function after transplantation is better in CAPD patients and that peritoneal dialysis should be considered as a first choice for pretransplantation therapeutic modality...
- Evaluation of graft viability in heterotopic auxiliary liver transplantation in the ratY D Fan
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Ghent, Belgium
J Invest Surg 12:327-34. 1999..05). The efficiency to induce hepatic failure and to hamper its regeneration capacity in the native liver makes animal survival and liver biology as reliable parameters to evaluate the posttransplant graft viability in this rat model...
- Tolerance of the porcine pancreas to warm and cold ischemia: comparison between University of Wisconsin and histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solutionR Troisi
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, Gent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Transplant Proc 34:820-2. 2002
- The influence of desmopressin and vasopressors in the donor management on graft function following pancreas transplantationI Decraemer
Department of Surgery, University of Ghent De Pintelaan, Ghent, Belgium
Transplant Proc 36:1042-4. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of these substances on early graft function...