Affiliation: Ghent University
- Van der Jeught M, O Leary T, Duggal G, De Sutter P, Chuva de Sousa Lopes S, Heindryckx B. The post-inner cell mass intermediate: implications for stem cell biology and assisted reproductive technology. Hum Reprod Update. 2015;21:616-26 pubmed publisher..We will now further investigate how these intermediate and/or different pluripotent stages may impact the use of human stem cells in regenerative medicine and assisted reproductive technology. ..
- Neupane J, Ghimire S, Vandewoestyne M, Lu Y, Gerris J, Van Coster R, et al. Cellular Heterogeneity in the Level of mtDNA Heteroplasmy in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1304-1309 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, proliferation of one mtDNA genotype over another may pose the risk of accumulating mutant mtDNAs during subsequent cell divisions. ..
- Nikiforaki D, Vanden Meerschaut F, De Roo C, Lu Y, Ferrer Buitrago M, De Sutter P, et al. Effect of two assisted oocyte activation protocols used to overcome fertilization failure on the activation potential and calcium releasing pattern. Fertil Steril. 2016;105:798-806.e2 pubmed publisher..Bearing in mind that mammalian fertilization is successful when the total dose of Ca(2+) released reaches a minimal threshold, the use of ionomycin for human AOA might be justified instead of the use of A23187. ..
- Warrier S, Popovic M, Van der Jeught M, Heindryckx B. Establishment and Characterization of NaÃ¯ve Pluripotency in Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1516:13-46 pubmed publisher..Conversion of primed human embryonic stem cells towards the naive pluripotent state should be confirmed by a detailed characterization of the cells, as described in this chapter. ..
- Ferrer Buitrago M, Bonte D, De Sutter P, Leybaert L, Heindryckx B. Single Ca2+ transients vs oscillatory Ca2+ signaling for assisted oocyte activation: limitations and benefits. Reproduction. 2018;155:R105-R119 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, mechanisms of AOA and the limitations and benefits associated with the application of different activation agents are discussed. ..