Affiliation: Ghent University
- Abnormal sleep architecture and refractory nocturnal enuresisKarlien Dhondt
Pediatric Sleep Centre, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Urol 182:1961-5. 2009..Children with enuresis are generally believed to have sleep that is too deep with decreased arousability. We investigated sleep characteristics in children with refractory nocturnal enuresis...
- Sleep fragmentation and periodic limb movements in children with monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis and polyuriaKarlien Dhondt
Pediatrics, Department of Child Neurology and Metabolism, Pediatric Sleep Center, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Pediatr Nephrol 30:1157-62. 2015..This study explored the association of monosymptomatic NE and polyuria in relation to fluid intake, bladder volume, number of wet nights, and number of nights with polyuria to the frequency of PLMS and cortical arousals during sleep...
- Hypocretin-1 deficiency in a girl with ROHHAD syndromeKarlien Dhondt
Pediatric Sleep Centre, Centre for Neurophysiological Monitoring Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Pediatrics 132:e788-92. 2013..The diagnosis was confirmed by showing an absence of hypocretin-1 in the cerebrospinal fluid. We discuss potential pathophysiological implications as well as symptomatic treatment options. ..
- Childhood narcolepsy with partial facial cataplexy: a diagnostic dilemmaKarlien Dhondt
Department of Child Neurology, Pediatric Sleep Centre, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Sleep Med 10:797-8. 2009..The first symptoms were excessive daytime sleepiness, partial facial cataplexy and a serious behavioral disorder. Hypocretin-1 level (Hrt-1) in CSF was undetectable...
- Periodic limb movements during sleep are associated with a lower quality of life in children with monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresisCharlotte Van Herzeele
Department of Pediatric Nephrology Urology, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 174:897-902. 2015..No significant correlations were found with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder-inattentive problems, internalizing problems, externalizing problems, and executive functioning...
- Anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis in a 3 year old patient with chromosome 6p21.32 microdeletion including the HLA clusterHelene Verhelst
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 15:163-6. 2011..Moreover, array-comparative genomic hybridization in this patient revealed an inherited microdeletion in chromosomeband 6p21.32, including the HLA-DPB1 and HLA-DPB2 genes. The clinical relevance of this microdeletion is discussed...