Affiliation: Ghent University
- Attentive processing of threat and adult attachment: a dot-probe studyMarieke Dewitte
Department of Psychology, Ghent University, Henri Dunantlaan 2, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 45:1307-17. 2007..The findings are discussed in terms of attachment theory and its relation to attentional biases observed in psychopathology...
- What's in a name? Attachment-related attentional biasMarieke Dewitte
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Henri Dunantlaan 2, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Emotion 7:535-45. 2007..Attachment anxiety was associated with hypervigilance toward the attachment name in threatening and positive attachment contexts. Attachment avoidance was unrelated to any attentional bias effects...
- Proximity seeking in adult attachment: examining the role of automatic approach-avoidance tendenciesMarieke Dewitte
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Br J Soc Psychol 47:557-73. 2008..Findings are discussed as providing first evidence on the role of automatic action tendencies in adult attachment...
- A multi-modal approach to the study of attachment-related distressMarieke Dewitte
Ghent University, Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Henri Dunantlaan 2, Gent, Belgium
Biol Psychol 85:149-62. 2010..Attachment style was also found to moderate the interrelations between emotional indices, revealing interesting information on the regulatory strategies underlying attachment anxiety and avoidance...
- Adult attachment and attentional inhibition of interpersonal stimuliMarieke Dewitte
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Cogn Emot 25:612-25. 2011..The results are discussed in relation to current evidence on avoidant affect-regulation strategies...
- Parental catastrophizing about children's pain and selective attention to varying levels of facial expression of pain in children: a dot-probe studyTine Vervoort
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Pain 152:1751-7. 2011..Theoretical implications and further research directions are discussed...
- Different perspectives on the sex-attachment link: towards an emotion-motivational accountMarieke Dewitte
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Belgium
J Sex Res 49:105-24. 2012..Such an emotion-motivational perspective on sex and attachment can help to organize theoretical ideas and empirical findings and eventually promote an integrative view on how attachment dynamics can interact with sexual experiences...