Affiliation: Ghent University
- [Less frequent turning intervals and yet less pressure ulcers]T Defloor
Sociale gezondheidswetenschap, afdeling Verplegingswetenschap, Vakgroep Maatschappelijke Gezondheidkunde, Universiteit Gent, Belgie
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 32:174-7. 2001....
- Sitting posture and prevention of pressure ulcersT Defloor
University of Gent, Belgium
Appl Nurs Res 12:136-42. 1999..A thick air cushion (Repose) has the lowest maximum pressure and is significantly better than the other cushions at reducing the high pressure when slouching or sliding down...
- The effect of position and mattress on interface pressureT Defloor
University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
Appl Nurs Res 13:2-11. 2000..A Tempur polyethylene-urethane mattress reduces interface pressures by 20 to 30% in comparison to a standard hospital mattress (12-cm-thick cold foam)...
- Preventing pressure ulcers: an evaluation of four operating-table mattressesT Defloor
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Appl Nurs Res 13:134-41. 2000..001); but none of the mattresses reduce pressure sufficiently to prevent the occurrence of pressure ulcers...
- Multi-stage versus single-stage inflation and deflation cycle for alternating low pressure air mattresses to prevent pressure ulcers in hospitalised patients: a randomised-controlled clinical trialL Demarré
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium
Int J Nurs Stud 49:416-26. 2012..Evidence about the effectiveness of this type of mattress in clinical practice is lacking...