Affiliation: General Hospital St. Jan
- Laparoscopic adjustable banded roux-en-y gastric bypass as a primary procedure for the super-super-obese (body mass index > 60 kg/m²)Bruno Dillemans
Department of General Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Hospital AV, Brugge, Belgium
BMC Surg 10:33. 2010..The addition of adjustable gastric band (AGB) to RYGB has been reported as a revisional procedure but this combined bariatric procedure has not been explored as a primary operation...
- Impact of the patient's body position on the intraabdominal workspace during laparoscopic surgeryJan Paul J Mulier
Department of Anaesthesiology, AZ Sint Jan Brugge Oostende AV, Ruddershove 10, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
Surg Endosc 24:1398-402. 2010..The effects of the patient's body position on the intraabdominal workspace in laparoscopic surgery were analyzed...
- Standardization of the fully stapled laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for obesity reduces early immediate postoperative morbidity and mortality: a single center study on 2606 patientsBruno Dillemans
Department of General Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Hospital AV, Bruges, Belgium
Obes Surg 19:1355-64. 2009..This study describes our experience with the standardized fully stapled laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (FS-LRYGB) and its influence on the 30-day morbidity and mortality...
- Short- and long-term outcomes of vertical banded gastroplasty converted to Roux-en-Y gastric bypassPéter Vasas
Department of Bariatric Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Brugge Oostende AV, Bruges, Belgium
Obes Surg 23:241-8. 2013..However, revisional bariatric surgery is associated with relatively higher rates of complications. The aim of the current study is to analyse our single-centre experience with patients requiring revisional RYGB following primary VBG...
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in the elderly: feasibility, short-term safety, and impact on comorbidity and weight in 250 casesHanne Vanommeslaeghe
Department of General, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Hospital, Ruddershove 10, 8000, Bruges, West Flanders, Belgium
Surg Endosc 29:910-5. 2015....
- Internal Hernia After Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: a Correlation Between Radiological and Operative FindingsFrançis Goudsmedt
Department of General Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Brugge Oostende, Ruddershove 10, Brugge, Belgium
Obes Surg 25:622-7. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of ten different CT findings in patients with a proven internal hernia after a LRYGB...