Elly Den Hond
Affiliation: Flemish Institute for Technological Research
- Biomarkers of human exposure to personal care products: results from the Flemish Environment and Health Study (FLEHS 2007-2011)Elly Den Hond
Environmental Risk and Health Unit, Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO, Mol, Belgium Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 463:102-10. 2013..We define here Flemish exposure values for biomarkers of PCPs, which can serve as baseline exposure levels to identify exposure trends in future biomonitoring campaigns...
- Neurobehavioral function and low-level exposure to brominated flame retardants in adolescents: a cross-sectional studyMichał Kiciński
Centre for Environmental Sciences, Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium
Environ Health 11:86. 2012..Although the first reports of detrimental neurobehavioral effects in rodents appeared more than ten years ago, human data are sparse...
- Pollutant effects on genotoxic parameters and tumor-associated protein levels in adults: a cross sectional studySam De Coster
Study Centre for Carcinogenesis and Primary Prevention of Cancer, Department of Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, and Experimental Cancerology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185 3K3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Environ Health 7:26. 2008....
- Endocrine disrupters and human pubertyE Den Hond
Department of Toxicology, VITO, Flemish Institute for Technological Research, Mol, Belgium
Int J Androl 29:264-71; discussion 286-90. 2006....
- Internal exposure to pollutants and sexual maturation in Flemish adolescentsElly Den Hond
Flemish Institute of Technological Research, Environmental Risk and Health, Boeretang 200, B 2400 Mol, Belgium
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 21:224-33. 2011..However, further understanding of toxic mode of action and sensitive windows of exposure is needed to explain the current findings...
- Determinants of polychlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons in serum in three age classes--Methodological implications for human biomonitoringElly Den Hond
Flemish Institute of Technological Research VITO, Environmental Toxicology, Boeretang 200, Mol 2400, Belgium
Environ Res 109:495-502. 2009..The impact of sex and BMI differed by age. For biomarkers of persistent pollutants that reflect long-term exposure, the relation between the covariates and the biomarkers can be well quantified...
- Organochlorine and heavy metals in newborns: results from the Flemish Environment and Health Survey (FLEHS 2002-2006)Gudrun Koppen
Environmental Risk and Health, Toxicology Group, Flemish Institute of Technological Research, 2400 Mol, Belgium
Environ Int 35:1015-22. 2009..It was concluded that the place of birth in Flanders is an important determinant of the load of pollutants measured at the start of life. This underlines the validity of human biomonitoring on (relatively) small geographical scale...
- Concept of the Flemish human biomonitoring programmeGreet Schoeters
Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO, Mol, Belgium
Int J Hyg Environ Health 215:102-8. 2012..The objective of this paper is to review and discuss the options that were taken in the human biomonitoring programme in order to achieve its goals...
- Biomonitoring and biomarkers to unravel the risks from prenatal environmental exposures for later health outcomesGreet E R Schoeters
VITO, Unit of Environmental Risk and Health, Mol, Belgium
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1964S-1969S. 2011..Biomarkers of effect may include changes in hormone concentrations, oxidative stress variables, changes in gene expression levels, and epigenetic changes...
- Endocrine disruptors and abnormalities of pubertal developmentGreet Schoeters
Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek VITO, Environmental Toxicology Unit, Mol, Belgium
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 102:168-75. 2008..However, the causal pathways and the molecular mechanisms that may link the pubertal growth pattern of children born SGA, pubertal development and endocrine-disrupting chemicals need further study...
- Human biomonitoring of emerging pollutants through non-invasive matrices: state of the art and future potentialAndreia Alves
Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO NV, Boeretang 200, 2400, Mol, Belgium
Anal Bioanal Chem 406:4063-88. 2014....
- Cadmium and children: exposure and health effectsGreet Schoeters
Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek, Mol, Belgium
Acta Paediatr Suppl 95:50-4. 2006..Cadmium exposure at early age should be limited as much as possible to prevent direct effects on children and to prevent accumulation of cadmium which may have serious health effects only becoming manifest at older age...