Affiliation: European Commission
- Determinants of patient delay among tuberculosis cases in SpainM Diez
Unidad de Investigación en TB, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 14:151-5. 2004..Patient delay was investigated in a cohort of TB patients identified from May 1996 until April 1997 in 13 Autonomous Regions in Spain. The study covered almost 67% of the total Spanish population...
- Tuberculosis in Spain: epidemiological pattern and clinical practiceM Diez
Unidad de Investigación en Tuberculosis, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:295-300. 2002..Thirteen Autonomous Regions in Spain...
- A large outbreak of Shigella sonnei gastroenteritis associated with consumption of fresh pasteurised milk cheeseA Garcia-Fulgueiras
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejería de Sanida, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 17:533-8. 2001....
- Molecular heterogeneity of myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle's disease): a genotype-phenotype correlation studyM A Martin
Centro de Investigación y Sección de Neuropatología, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Ann Neurol 50:574-81. 2001..The mutations of charged residues would be expected to interfere with internal hydrogen bonding networks, introducing severe incompatible partnering that is caused by poor packing or electrostatic repulsions...
- Beta-sarcoglycanopathy (LGMD 2E) in a Spanish familyE Rivas
Pathology and Neuropathology Service, Meixoeiro Hospital, Vigo, Spain
Acta Myol 23:159-62. 2004..The parents and one sister were found to be carriers. Missense mutations affecting this domain result in the instability of the entire sarcoglycan complex and lead to severe phenotypes as seen in non-sense mutations...
- Abiotic ecotypes in south-central Spanish rivers: reference conditions and pollutionJ L Moreno
Centro Regional de Estudios del Agua CREA, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Ctra de las Peñas, km 3, Albacete 02071, Spain
Environ Pollut 143:388-96. 2006..Additionally, concentrations of ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate increased when more percentage of land was dedicated to agriculture and less to forest land...
- Comparison of risk patterns in carcinoma and melanoma of the skin in men: a multi-centre case-case-control studyR Zanetti
CPO Registro Tumori Piemonte, via San Francesco da Paola 31, 10123 Turin, Italy
Br J Cancer 94:743-51. 2006..Factors influencing risk of SCC are different, with chronic exposure to sun playing a major role in causing this type of carcinoma...
- [Treatment of neuropathic pain in neurology units. The PREVADOL study]J Pardo-Fernández
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Clinico, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Spain
Rev Neurol 42:451-4. 2006..Its treatment is different to that of nociceptive pain since it does not respond to conventional analgesics or non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs...
- Consumption of cruciferous vegetables and glucosinolates in a Spanish adult populationA Agudo
Unit of Epidemiology, IDIBELL, Catalan Institute of Oncology, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:324-31. 2008..To assess the intake of glucosinolates and cruciferous vegetables among Spanish adults...
- [On residency training in anesthesiology and recovery care in Spain and the current situation of supervisors]A Alcon
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 54:454-5. 2007
- Validity of self reported diagnoses of cancer in a major Spanish prospective cohort studyC Navarro
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejeria de Sanidad, Ronda de Levante 11, E 30008 Murcia, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:593-9. 2006....
- Dose reduction of intraoral dental radiography in SpainM Alcaraz
Department of Radiology and Physical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Dentistry, University of Murcia, 30100 Campus Espinardo Murcia, Spain
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 35:295-8. 2006..To assess the influence of new European Union (EU) legislation on radiation doses in intraoral dental radiography in Spain...
- Autosomal dominant congenital fibre type disproportion: a clinicopathological and imaging study of a large familyM J Sobrido
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, Hospital do Meixoeiro, Vigo, Spain
Brain 128:1716-27. 2005..This is, to our knowledge, the largest kindred with muscle fibre type disproportion reported to date. Our data confirm autosomal dominant inheritance, and this is the first MRI document of this disorder...
- Preoperative risk factors associated with mortality in lung biopsy patients with interstitial lung diseaseG Carrillo
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Mexico DF
J Invest Surg 18:39-45. 2005..005). These data suggest that PaCO2/PaO2 ratio appears to be a predictor of mortality in this subset of patients. Its prospective use has reduced early mortality after surgery less than 1% in the last decade...
- A new mutation in the myophosphorylase gene (Asn684Tyr) in a Spanish patient with McArdle's diseaseA L Andreu
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases, Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuromuscul Disord 9:171-3. 1999....
- A new mutation in the regulatory domain of the myophosphorylase gene affecting protein dimer contactJ Gamez
Department of Neurology, Hospitals Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Muscle Nerve 22:1136-8. 1999..These data further emphasize the importance of private mutations in McArdle's disease, some of which are associated with specific ethnic groups...
- A novel missense mutation (W797R) in the myophosphorylase gene in Spanish patients with McArdle diseaseR Fernandez
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases, Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Neurol 57:217-9. 2000..To investigate the degree of genetic heterogeneity of myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle disease) in Spain through molecular studies of 10 new patients...
- Late-onset metachromatic leukodystrophy clinically presenting as isolated peripheral neuropathy: compound heterozygosity for the IVS2+1G-->A mutation and a newly identified missense mutation (Thr408Ile) in a Spanish familyM Comabella
Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Neurol 50:108-12. 2001..This case indicates that adult metachromatic leukodystrophy should be considered in adult patients with demyelinating peripheral neuropathy of unknown etiology...
- Extremely high prevalence of overweight and obesity in Murcia, a Mediterranean region in south-east SpainM T Martínez-Ros
Unidad Docente de la Gerencia de Atención Primaria de Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1372-80. 2001..To estimate the prevalence of obesity in the Murcia Region according to age and sex, and to analyse how obesity is related to demographic and socio-economic determinants and to other cardiovascular risk factors of interest to the community...
- [Sociodemographic differences in adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern in Spanish populations]C A Gonzalez
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
Gac Sanit 16:214-21. 2002..Lower social classes tend to eat a less healthy diet. The aim of this study was to compare adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern among different demographic and social groups in the adult population...
- Demographics and socio-economic differences in adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern in SpainA Aller San Juan
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
IARC Sci Publ 156:31-3. 2002
- Leisure-time sport physical activity and dietary intake of foods in SpainM D Chirlaque
Regional Health Council, Department of Epidemiology, Murcia, Spain
IARC Sci Publ 156:243-6. 2002
- [Physical sports activity in a representative sample of the population of Región de Murcia, Spain]M T Martínez-Ros
Unidad Docente de la Gerencia de Atención Primaria de Murcia Murcia España
Gac Sanit 17:11-9. 2003..To estimate the prevalence of intense physical activity according to age and sex in the region of Murcia, Spain, and to analyze its association with major demographic and socioeconomic determinants and other cardiovascular risk factors...
- Survival in patients with uveal melanoma in EuropeGianni Virgili
Department of Oto Neuro Ophthalmological Surgical Sciences, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence 50134, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1413-8. 2008..To estimate survival in patients in whom uveal melanoma was diagnosed between January 1, 1983, and December 31, 1994, in Europe...