- Insulin regimens and insulin adjustments in diabetic children, adolescents and young adults: personal experienceH Dorchy
Diabetology Clinic, University Children s Hospital Queen Fabiola, Avenue J J Crocq, 15, B1020 Bruxelles, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 26:500-7. 2000..Successful glycemic control in young patients depends mainly on the quality and intensity of diabetes education. Any dogmatism must be avoided; only the objective result is important...
- [Rational use of insulin analogues in the treatment of type 1 diabetic children and adolescents: personal experience]H Dorchy
Clinique de diabétologie, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola, 15, Avenue J J Crocq, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgique
Arch Pediatr 13:1275-82. 2006..prospective according to programmed changes in meals and sports; with only a "touch" of compensatory adaptation according to actual glycaemia...
- Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus as long term complication of haemolytic-uraemic syndromeL Goffin
Diabetology Clinic, University Children s Hospital Queen Fabiola, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 32:276-8. 2006..This case emphasizes the need for a long-term follow-up of patients with HUS...
- [Insulin analogues: place of detemir (Levemir)]H Dorchy
, , Bruxelles
J Pharm Belg 61:58-62. 2006..In addition, detemir has been associated with less weight gain than NPH insulin. Detemir is well tolerated and no specific safety concerns have been raised...
- [Insulin analogues: place of detemir (levemir)]H Dorchy
Rev Med Brux 27:89-94. 2006..In addition, detemir has been associated with less weight gain than NPH insulin. Detemir is well tolerated and no specific safety concerns have been raised...
- [Management of children and adolescents with diabetes mellitus: personal experience]H Dorchy
Rev Med Brux 26:S246-54. 2005..They improve quality of life, without necessarily reducing HbA1c...
- Improving outcomes for young people with diabetesH Dorchy
Diabet Med 19:702-3. 2002
- To: Hyllienmark L, Maltez J, Dandenell A, Ludvigsson J, Brismar T (2005) EEG abnormalities with and without relation to severe hypoglycaemia in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia 48:412-419H Dorchy
Diabetologia 48:2191-2. 2005
- [Increase in C-reactive protein plasma levels during diabetes in infants and young adults]J Coulon
, , Bruxelles, Belgique
Presse Med 34:89-93. 2005..High sensitive CRP therefore appears to be an interesting indicator of the risk for developing complications...
- [Weight of obesity in (pre)type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents: how and when to screen for?]T Mouraux
Clinique de diabétologie, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola, Avenue J J Crocq 15, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgique
Arch Pediatr 12:1779-84. 2005..The aim of the pharmacological therapy is to decrease insulin resistance, namely by metformin. Sometimes, insulin therapy is necessary...
- Sex- and season-dependent differences in C-peptide levels at diagnosis of immune-mediated type 1 diabetesI Weets
Diabetes Research Centre, Brussels Free University, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 49:1158-62. 2006....
- [Sources of errors in blood glucose self-monitoring in 100 young diabetics]H Dorchy
Rev Med Brux 24:77-81. 2003..The use of an observation grid allows an accurate analysis of the numerous possible errors...
- [Sports and type I diabetes: personal experience]H Dorchy
, H.U.D.E.R.F, U.L.B
Rev Med Brux 23:A211-7. 2002....
- Male-to-female excess in diabetes diagnosed in early adulthood is not specific for the immune-mediated form nor is it HLA-DQ restricted: possible relation to increased body mass indexI Weets
Diabetes Research Center, Free University, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 44:40-7. 2001....
- Are family factors universally related to metabolic outcomes in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes?F J Cameron
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Diabet Med 25:463-8. 2008..To assess the importance of family factors in determining metabolic outcomes in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes in 19 countries...