Jean Pierre Devogelaer
- Baseline glucocorticoid dose and bone mineral density response with teriparatide or alendronate therapy in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisJean Pierre Devogelaer
Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
J Rheumatol 37:141-8. 2010....
- Role of alendronate in therapy for posttraumatic complex regional pain syndrome type I of the lower extremityDaniel Henri Manicourt
St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 5390 Avenue Mounier, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 50:3690-7. 2004..To evaluate the effects of the antiresorptive agent alendronate at a daily oral dose of 40 mg in patients with posttraumatic complex regional pain syndrome type I (CRPS I) of the lower extremity...
- Comparative effect of nimesulide and ibuprofen on the urinary levels of collagen type II C-telopeptide degradation products and on the serum levels of hyaluronan and matrix metalloproteinases-3 and -13 in patients with flare-up of osteoarthritisDaniel Henri Manicourt
Department of Rheumatology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Saint Luc University Hospital Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Drugs R D 6:261-71. 2005....
- (18)F-fluoride PET for monitoring therapeutic response in Paget's disease of boneJohanne Installé
Department of Molecular Imaging and Experimental Radiotherapy, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Nucl Med 46:1650-8. 2005..A prospective study was undertaken to evaluate PET with (18)F-fluoride for monitoring the response to bisphosphonates in Paget's disease of bones...
- Biologicals in osteoporosis: teriparatide and parathyroid hormone in women and menJean Pierre Devogelaer
Department of Rheumatology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, UCL 5390, St Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Curr Osteoporos Rep 8:154-61. 2010..New modes of administration (transdermal, intranasal, oral) will probably become available soon. With all the drugs available today and those still in development, it can be hoped that osteoporosis will become a disease of the past...
- Long-term effects on bone mineral density of different therapeutic schemes for acute lymphoblastic leukemia or non-Hodgkin lymphoma during childhoodSarra Benmiloud
Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Res Paediatr 74:241-50. 2010..Little is known regarding long-term bone deficit in relationship with the modalities of cancer therapy among survivors of childhood malignancy...
- Tacrolimus and low-dose steroid immunosuppression preserves bone mass after renal transplantationEric Goffin
Department of Nephrology, Hopital Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10 Ave Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Transpl Int 15:73-80. 2002..Weconclude that tacrolimus associated with low-dose steroids might better preserve bone mass after renal TP than cyclosporine and normal doses of steroids...
- New uses of bisphosphonates: osteogenesis imperfectaJean Pierre Devogelaer
Université Catholique de Louvain in Brussels, The Arthritis Unit, UCL 5390, Saint Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Curr Opin Pharmacol 2:748-53. 2002..Newer, theoretically more potent bisphosphonates are currently being tested in this potentially crippling condition...
- Oral salmon calcitonin reduces Lequesne's algofunctional index scores and decreases urinary and serum levels of biomarkers of joint metabolism in knee osteoarthritisDaniel Henri Manicourt
St Luc University Hospital and Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 54:3205-11. 2006..To evaluate the effects of oral salmon calcitonin (sCT) on Lequesne's algofunctional index scores and on biomarkers of joint metabolism in knee osteoarthritis...
- A review of the effects of tibolone on the skeletonJean Pierre Devogelaer
Rheumatology Unit, Saint Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:941-9. 2004....
- Postnatal growth defect in mice upon persistent Hoxa2 expression in the chondrogenic cell lineagePierre Marcel Louis Deprez
Pôle de Morphologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Differentiation 83:158-67. 2012..The indepth analysis of cartilage and bone histogenesis points towards an initial deficit in cell mobilization to enter chondrogenesis...
- Spontaneous rupture of the distal iliopsoas tendon: clinical and imaging findings, with anatomic correlationsFrederic E Lecouvet
Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Saint Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Hippocrate Avenue 10 2942, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Radiol 15:2341-6. 2005....
- Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: mechanisms and therapeutic approachJean Pierre Devogelaer
Department of Medicine, Arthritis Unit, Saint Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, UCL 5390, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 32:733-57. 2006..Studies of other therapeutic modalities (eg, promoters of bone formation) are in progress...
- Modern therapy for Paget's disease of bone: focus on bisphosphonatesJean Pierre Devogelaer
Université Catholique de Louvain in Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Treat Endocrinol 1:241-57. 2002..The increased potency and longer duration of action of newer bisphosphonates more than compensates for their marginally increased cost compared with older bisphosphonates...