- Expression of SV2 isoforms during rodent brain developmentJulie Crèvecœur
Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, GIGA Neurosciences, University of Liege, Sart Tilman Liège B 4000, Belgium
BMC Neurosci 14:87. 2013..The purpose of this work was to precisely analyze and quantify the SV2A, SV2B and SV2C expression during brain development to understand the contribution of these proteins in brain development and their impact on epileptic seizures...
- Early termination of ISRCTN45828668, a phase 1/2 prospective, randomized study of sulfasalazine for the treatment of progressing malignant gliomas in adultsPierre A Robe
Department of Surgery Neurosurgery, University of Liege, Domaine du Sart Tilman, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
BMC Cancer 9:372. 2009..As it presents an excellent safety profile, we initiated a phase 1/2 clinical study of this anti-inflammatory drug for the treatment of recurrent WHO grade 3 and 4 astrocytic gliomas in adults...
- A phase 1-2, prospective, double blind, randomized study of the safety and efficacy of Sulfasalazine for the treatment of progressing malignant gliomas: study protocol of [ISRCTN45828668]Pierre A Robe
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Liege, Domaine du Sart Tilman, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
BMC Cancer 6:29. 2006....
- Chromosomal patterns of gene expression from microarray data: methodology, validation and clinical relevance in gliomasFederico E Turkheimer
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience, Imperial College London, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 7:526. 2006....
- A new combined bodian-luxol technique for staining unmyelinated axons in semithin, resin-embedded peripheral nerves: a comparison with electron microscopyM Deprez
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Tour de Pathologie 1, CHU Université de Liège, B 4000 Sart Tilman, Belgium
Acta Neuropathol 98:323-9. 1999..However, it provides a valuable light microscopic method for evaluating axonal loss among UF...
- Clinical and neuropathological parameters affecting the diagnostic yield of nerve biopsyM Deprez
Laboratory of Neuropathology, University Hospital, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
Neuromuscul Disord 10:92-8. 2000....
- Detection of cytokines in human sural nerve biopsies: an immunohistochemical and molecular studyM Deprez
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Neuropathology, Tour de Pathologie 1, University Hospital, CHU University of Liège, 4000 Sart Tilman, Belgium
Acta Neuropathol 101:393-404. 2001..This is the first report of IL-4 and IL-3 expression in human neuropathies, and it may be important given the potential role of these cytokines in modulating macrophage activity in the PNS...
- Clinicopathological features of eyelid skin tumors. A retrospective study of 5504 cases and review of literatureManuel Deprez
Laboratoire d Ophtalmopathologie, Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Lausanne, Suisse
Am J Dermatopathol 31:256-62. 2009..We further discuss our results with reference to previously published series...
- [Breast cancer: the interest of pathological classification]N BlÃ©tard
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de LiÃ¨ge, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 66:254-60. 2011..Other diseases can affect the breast, although much less frequently, such as Paget's disease of the nipple, phyllode tumours, sarcomas, lymphomas... These diseases will not be reviewed here...
- [Fish and chips]P Delvenne
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 65:3-10. 2010..The purpose of this article is to describe the principles and the potential applications of these techniques...
- Presence of oestrogen receptor type beta in human retinaC Munaut
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, University of Liege, Pathology Tower B23, Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Br J Ophthalmol 85:877-82. 2001..Since important pathologies of human eye could be linked to hormonal status, the expression of ORbeta in ocular posterior segment was sought...
- Intrinsic structural failure of polyester (Dacron) vascular grafts. A general reviewH Van Damme
Service de Chirurgie Cardio Vasculaire et Thoracique, Hôpital Universitaire de Liège, CHU du Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Acta Chir Belg 105:249-55. 2005..Such an intrinsic weakness of prosthetic fabric has only be observed in first and second generation Dacron grafts...
- Recurrent intracranial melanocytoma associated with a nevus of OtaI Rutten
Department of Radiotherapy, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:313-5; discussion 315. 2005
- Meningeal inflammatory pseudotumour: a case reportL Gollogly
Laboratory of Neuropathology, , Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 101:116-20. 2001..The patient, free from all medication, is asymptomatic at 3 years of follow-up. We discuss previously published cases and the nosology of intracranial inflammatory pseudotumours...
- [Glioblastoma, an example of translational research?]J Kroonen
Boursier TELEVIE, Centre de Recherche en Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Unité de Neurobiologie du Développement, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 63:251-6. 2008..This hypothesis could explain the tumour relapse observed after the first treatments...