- Retrospective analysis of a listeria monocytogenes contamination episode in raw milk goat cheese using quantitative microbial risk assessment toolsL Delhalle
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Food Science, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, B43bis, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Food Prot 75:2122-35. 2012..Thus, by using quantitative microbial risk assessment tools, this study provides reliable information to identify and control critical steps in a local production chain of cheese made from raw goat's milk...
- Risk factors for Salmonella and hygiene indicators in the 10 largest Belgian pig slaughterhousesL Delhalle
Food Science Department, Microbiology Section, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, B43bis, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Food Prot 71:1320-9. 2008..coli in the multivariate mixed linear model. The monitoring of critical points, slaughterhouse equipment, good slaughtering practices, and effective washing and disinfection are the keys to obtaining good microbiological results...
- Salmonella surveillance and control at post-harvest in the Belgian pork meat chainL Delhalle
University of Liege, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Food Science Department Microbiology Section, Sart Tilman, Bld du Rectorat, B43bis, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Food Microbiol 26:265-71. 2009..21+/-0.50 to 1.23+/-0.89 log CFU/g and from 1.33+/-0.58 to 2.78+/-0.43 log CFU/g, respectively. The results showed that faecal contamination still needs to be reduced, especially in specific individual plants...
- Assessing interventions by quantitative risk assessment tools to reduce the risk of human salmonellosis from fresh minced pork meat in BelgiumL Delhalle
University of Liege, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Food Science Department Microbiology Section, Sart Tilman, B43bis, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Food Prot 72:2252-63. 2009..The results of these scenarios would be useful for the food business operators involved in the pork meat chain and for public health authorities...
- Microbiota characterization of a Belgian protected designation of origin cheese, Herve cheese, using metagenomic analysisV Delcenserie
Fundamental and Applied Research for Animal and Health FARAH, Food Science Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, B43b Liege, B 4000 Belgium Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 97:6046-56. 2014..The characterization of the microbiota of this particular protected designation of origin cheese was useful in enabling us to gain a better knowledge of the bacteria responsible for the character of this cheese. ..